Respected Contributor

Re: Always Thankful at the Bird's Nest - November 2016

Image result for pictures of birds eating berries

Respected Contributor

Image result for pictures of fall bird feaders

Hi Gals!

@Bird mama, Hope all went well at the doctors, bloodwork, and your mamo.  Give yourself a raving review!  Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

@mousiegirl, Oh my goodness, it sounds like it is invasion of the deer at your house.  Thank the lord your dog found it's way back home.  He is "The Deer Chaser"...

@Winifred, All I can say Winifred, is may God bless you.  I don't know how you do it?  You are "One Very Special Lady".

@possummink, Honey, I hope you are feeling a bit better.  Thinking of you.

I posted early today, I have a lot of reading to do before tomorrow.  I pray that whatever happens...May our Lord look after us and our "Country". 

Everyone , have a peaceful evening.  

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Another day of very few birdies. I miss them so very much!!! Did see a couple of crows this morning when I took DAvey to school.

I need to get in gear, get the two little ones cleaned up for the night - Again Ricky did NOT take a nap. I feel pretty good however, as he ate fairly well. He and the little one both ate good breakfasts - rare for Ricky and same for lunch. Dinner? Not really well for either but am lettit stand with what little both ate. Weird I guess. Am trying to get the little girl on to table food - her thinking is it if for the birds - literally - she throws it. Sigh. And  Ricky is the master artist at tossing food. Grrrrr. They both love apples however so buy some pre packaged peeled apples and they get to eat them as dessert. LOL

I hear the little one whining - need to run.

Respected Contributor

OK, so I am back. The little girl crashed and Ricky, bless his heart, was so hyper because he had not taken a nap today. Finally talked to him and suggested he go to bed, he said "OK, take my cars." Well of course I helped him carry them to his bed - hope he has room to sleep. But at any rate, since he shares a room with his Uncle Davey, I guess he went straight to sleep. Bless his heart as when his Grandma helps - he will not do that - keep telling her if she talks to him gently he is  a doll. Well he was all morning but when we went to get Davey at School, he was a royal pain and that continued. But bless him, he went straight to bed. This time change is beneficial to the kids and old folks - like me. Love that little guy who has suffered way too much in his young life.-House is super quiet and it is only 8:23 by my clock. I like that.

Unfortunately I need to get to the kitchen and finish straightening and cleaning. Sigh - does it ever end?  Am so tired and sleepy but just cannot get to bed without doing a few more things in the kitchen. That does NOT mean, however, it will be immaculate. LOL.-

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Sometimes I wonder if people know how to put kids to bed or sleep anymore.  I have a gift with children, I can knock 'em out in my lap, seriously.  All I have to do with my one great niece is get her in my lap, let her recline and get comfortable (no matter how twisted up I am) and I stroke the inside of her forearm and whisper and tell her how much I love her.  Bamm - out like a light.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's a somewhat overcast day here.  I think rain is expected later.  I voted then did the grocery shopping this morning, woo hoo how exciting :-)

The bird of the day is the Palau Flycatcher

Image result for palau flycatcher

Image result for palau flycatcher

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

:

Hi Birding Friends,   It was a perfect Autumn day for me,   cool,  cloudy and rainy.   I love rainy fall days.   Hope it doesn't get too much cooler very soon though, as I haven't even started bringing in the house plants, amaryllises, bananas, etc.   I think I'm bringing my pencil cactus and last big croton in though tomorrow. 

I voter this early afternoon,  No waiting but my brother went to vote 3 times before he actually got to do it.  Too many cars and line at 5:45 this morning.  Same at about 8, so he finally got it done about 10am.  

I fed the birds and watched them for a bit.  I saw the little Redbreasted Nuthatch for the first time this year.  I think there are 2 of them, but they are so fast it's hard to tell if it's one or two.   The Whitebreasted Nuthatch comes about the same time and is much tamer, but then they are here all the time.   I had a female American Goldfinch on the feeder right after I filled it.  While she was there, the Chickadees, Titmice and a couple of Finches came and then the Cardinals and Downy Woodpeckers,  I could hear the Redbreasted Woodpecker in the nearby trees.  When the Hairy Woodpecker comes, she has a 'squeaky' type of call. so I named her Squeak, not exactly a good bird name but that's the type of sound she makes, a teeny tiny call for a nice sized bird. 

I really need to get house chores done, but it's more fun to watch the birds.   Have a nice rest of your evening.Heart

Contributor

Hi birders.  I know it's been a long time.  Our summer just seemed to fly away so fast.  We couldn't even fit in a vacation.  We did finally take three days to visit eastern Wash and enjoyed the fall leaves as well as getting apples. Eastern Wash is the apple capital with orchards in every conceivable. 

We have two hummingbirds that I think are going to winter here. I might look into a heated hummingbird feeder for the few days we have freezing weather. The goldfinches have gone as have the grosebeaks.  Still plenty of other birds.

Ron fell off the ladder a while ago and injured his shoulder. He has been to the orthopedic dr. and is going to have an MRI on his shouldr and knee.  He had no business on the ladder and has agreed no more ladder.

We have winterized our plants and burned our debris.  Just have some wood yet to finish splitting.  He has a strong young fellow he pays to help.

He isn't feeling well and wants some chicken noodle soup so i need to go fix it.

Respected Contributor

hi meuw. excuse all lower case but i dropped my keyboard and the shift key will not work now. IT HAD FALLEN OFF - WELL NOW It IS STUCK ON CAPS. dO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY.Well it seems to work when it wants to. This should be interesting. Give me a break. Just figured that part out, the shift key on the right works fine - Will be hard to not use the one on the left. Guess it is a fast trip to Staples tomorrow to get a new keyboard. Darn it all anyway. I think I had best give up for the night.