Super Contributor

Are any of you in Q land, people who are alone.

By yourself, everyday including holidays....

Trusted Contributor

Sorry you're feeling lonely. There's always someone here....xo

Super Contributor

Alone yes, but not lonely. I do life as I have to and try to focus on 

People I meet rather than myself. I look at it as my lot in life, it won't last forever lol.

Honored Contributor

I've lived alone for over 30 years now. No family either. Just me and my dogs. I wouldn't know how to live with anyone in my house, it's been too long. Sometimes it's gets lonely but that's just part of living alone. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I have to ask....What are the breeds of your doggies and what are there names?  I had neighbors that had two cute dogs that I just loved but they moved away.  I'm so sad. I am not home enough for a dog and I would hate to keep the pup in a kennel.

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@SilleeMee I have to ask....What are the breeds of your doggies and what are there names?  I had neighbors that had two cute dogs that I just loved but they moved away.  I'm so sad. I am not home enough for a dog and I would hate to keep the pup in a kennel.

@Franklinbell 

I adopt older golden retrievers, just one at a time. So far I have had five goldens. The one with me now is "Flute", like the instrument. I call her Fluters. 

Honored Contributor

There are many people on this board who are alone.  I've spent holidays for the past 10 or 12 years all by myself.  It's okay; I don't sit around engulfed in tears and depression.

I could fly to Pennsylvania and visit my sister, her daughters and their families but it's not convenient and becomes very expensive when you have to board two dogs,  not to mention it's traumatic for the dogs.

There will be conversation here on the boards over the holidays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alone And By Yourself

[ Edited ]

I thought the OP lived with a grown child/children?

Esteemed Contributor

I have lived alone for over 30 years. I have my family close by but they are busy working. I spend holidays with them. I do get lonely at times but it passes. I know it must be hard to not have someone to share the holidays. I do wish you the best.

I heard on the news that loneliness has become a problem in our society. I do think having a pet is wonderful and great companionship.

Honored Contributor

@katie1859 

I am "learning" how to be alone (spouse passed in August) truthfully love my family (who are 1500 miles away) but traveling home has been exhausting & expensive.

Life was perfect visiting by Skype, phone calls, etc. but now family "expects" me to come more often.  They have jobs, families, sports and more -- so I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting for them.

I can say I'm not lonely I always find something to do.  I love coming here and reading the posts, I have no problem traveling or going to movies, lunch, etc, alone. 

Thankfully I live in FL and the weather is beautiful so I spend a lot of time at pool where there is always someone to chat with.

I will admit I'm having the hardest time cooking for one -- I don't do fast food and love to cook & bake this is one of my biggest challenges!

Stop by here there are lots of wonderful posters here who will lift your spirits😊😊