Esteemed Contributor

Re: All I can say is wow........

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

As another poster said, how would this carrier cash a check made out to someone else? Makes no sense.

If you read my thread correctly I never stated he cashed anything it was the fact that he took it and did not give it to her was wrong ... on many levels. Of course no one can cash a check with someones else name on it. That was not the point!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found out that my grand daughter gave the Christmas card with gift check inside to the substitute mailman.  The name of our regular mail man was clearly on the outside of the envelope so now I'm wondering why he accepted it.  I will be checking to see if he actually gave that card and gift to the regular mail man.  If not, I will definitely report the incident to the Post Master.  I knew nothing of the rule about giving....it was a $15. gift card to Dunkin Donuts.and our regular guy deserves every penny of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

That is so nice of you to think about your mail carrier every year.  Good for you to confront the person who took her gift.

Thank you.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad that it was only 5 dollars in check in that envelope that is the last one I will give to them..Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Mj12  Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of that.  (LOL - apparently my mail carrier isn't either!)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I too give my mail carrier a gift card each year.   She is very good to us as we travel a lot and she holds the mail for us and makes sure there are no packages from UPS out on our front porch either.  If so, she will move them to the side porch so they are hidden when we're away.  

Also I'm not sure about confronting someone about "stealing" when you didn't see it actually happen.  They are so busy he probably took it as outgoing mail and threw it in the box in his truck!?  You actually are not supposed to place anything in your box except for actual "mail".   

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I too give my mail carrier a gift card each year.   She is very good to us as we travel a lot and she holds the mail for us and makes sure there are no packages from UPS out on our front porch either.  If so, she will move them to the side porch so they are hidden when we're away.  

Also I'm not sure about confronting someone about "stealing" when you didn't see it actually happen.  They are so busy he probably took it as outgoing mail and threw it in the box in his truck!?  You actually are not supposed to place anything in your box except for actual "mail".   

When I find out I will give a update. I hope he did not steal it, who knows? Not my concern anymore lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

As another poster said, how would this carrier cash a check made out to someone else? Makes no sense.

If you read my thread correctly I never stated he cashed anything it was the fact that he took it and did not give it to her was wrong ... on many levels. Of course no one can cash a check with someones else name on it. That was not the point!!!!

@apple1964.  I never said he cashed it either, if you read my response correctly. Why would he keep it for himself if it had her name? Enough from me. You haven't changed in all the years you've been here. Screaming, caps, telling posters off. Good luck with telling off Lindsey.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

When I find out I will give a update. I hope he did not steal it, who knows? Not my concern anymore lesson learned.

@apple1964  Yes lesson learned. But I think it would still concern me, if I falsely accused and reported someone of theft without all the facts.  I am hopeful his employment record doesn't get tarnished.  

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

Were you charged a fee for stopping the check?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky