Super Contributor

All ElectricHeat or Gas Heat theHome & Copper Chef Pan TSV

[ Edited ]

I will be moving into an  all Electric Heat home by end of this year to a,newer energy effecient with a new furnace.

Just like to know  your input please if you hvae n all lhouse Electric heat or apt. that is a newer energy effectient furnace.

Do you know if the Dust is not as bad as Gas forced air,which I have now, know the bill will increase compared  to gas, but tired of the Dust.all the time.

..and off topic sorry, anyone getting the new Copper Cfhf pan the Sun. TSV.?  I

like it but don't use  my 5qt. dutch oven pans  with a  pan set too big.& got a C.E stove top pressure cooker to use yet,.But cannot help myself like Eric's products.

but it is nice for a rosat for winter and  Chicken,will decide tommorow.

Thanks'

s and have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: All ElectricHeat or Gas Heat theHome & Copper Chef Pan TSV

All of my adult life I have lived in homes with electric heat. I have always been very satisfied with it. And it is much less expensive than gas heat. And very clean.

In our camper where we stay between May and Oct. we have gas heat and gas hot water. It is pricey. It is clean - I can't complain about that. It is warmer than electric heat IMO.

I also have a gas stove here and I HATE cooking on gas. I am accostummed to cooking on electric - the gas is too hot and I can't easily adjust the heat. I end up using my electric fry pan most of the time.

Honored Contributor

Utility prices vary across the country.    Also, I live in an area where gas is not available.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I think now a days when everyone expects a new home to have AC that builders just install heat pumps and thus lick the heat/AC issue with one stroke. Then they just go ahead and build the homes to be all electric. For us , both places we have lived in all electric homes it has been a great savings - like 20% - on our electric bill each month if you live in an  all electric home.

Honored Contributor

I think you will notice at least a slight difference in the amount of white dust in your home.   You will be able to tell how clean and efficient your furnace is, from the dust collected on the return air intake filter that you will change monthly.