Honored Contributor

Actually, June Cleaver was pretty savvy.

She wore heals and pearls to do housework. That's neater than I am for around the house, but I do wear my jewelry. LOL  I just imagine, a dress, pearls, and heels. Her house was always neat and clean. Yes, I'm kidding since it was fiction for a t.v. show. But back in early t.v., that's what we used to watch.

I remember my grandmother wearing a housedress. I never saw pants on her. I remember my own mother in a housedress, during the early years of my life. In later years, she wore pants and tops, never jeans.

Funny, I need my jeans.

What have you worn over the years, or seen your past generations wear on this line?

Respected Contributor

Re: Actually, June Cleaver was pretty savvy.

I love my muu-muus be they in the form of a gauze maxi, lounger or housecoat.  They are my go-to in hot Texas summers.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

In the 80s, my grandmother, in her 70s, got a pair of pants for the first time in her life (at least that is what she said).  It was certainly the first time in my memory. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

My grandmother and mother wore house dresses back in the day. That was the style back then with an apron and what those apron pockets could hold. Lots of love, tissues to wipe your dirty face candy for a treat and so much more. June Cleaver on TV I wonder if she was a closet drinker. Bottle of wine with a straw . Don't forget there was no Dr. Phil in those days!  LOL

Honored Contributor

My mother (born 1921) wore dungarees and capris with checked blouses daily and rarely any type of dress.   We all had to change to dresses though when we went anywhere.  I'm sure glad times have changed!!!  A friend's mother did wear June Cleaver style dresses, shoes and jewelry every day. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grew up on a farm and my Mom would wear overalls or shorts when she helped my Dad but otherwise she didn't wear pants until probably the 70's. By then she was working full time in an office and would wear pants suits to work. She rode the bus and said she was happy to not have to wait for the bus in the winter in a dress. When I was in high school in the 60's we would wear pants to school on very cold days but generally wore dresses or skirts. My high school job was in a bakery and we had to wear a pink uniform that had a hankie folded and secured with a flower pin at the pocket,  a flower printed apron and white keds tennis shoes. My hair either had to be in a hair net or up in a pony tail,and if it was in a pony tail it had to have a pink ribbon to cover the pony tail elastic. We used to tie those ribbons with a real long streamer hanging down just to PO the owner.

Honored Contributor

My Grandmother, in the fifties, wore short shorts, tube tops, smoked and drank. Of course this was only in the summer and and their shore house. I can't remember what she wore the other three seasons, but I'm sure it was something more appropriate, as she lived in NJ. She was a hoot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grandmom, born 1897, wore dresses always. Mostly housedresses - those snap front dresses with large square pockets on the front. Orthopedic shoes or slippers with stockings rolled down. My Mom, born 1921, wore dresses and those same type houses dresses until she was in her 60's. Then she wore pants - never jeans. Me, born 1958, have worn dresses and skirts but I hardly ever do any more. I prefer pants. I have just 2 pairs of jeans and I only like and wear one of them (the one I don't like is a D.Gilman).

Esteemed Contributor

I remember my grandmother wearing a housedress. I never saw pants on her. I remember my own mother in a housedress, during the early years of my life. In later years, she wore pants and tops, never jeans.

Funny, I need my jeans.

What have you worn over the years, or seen your past generations wear on this line?

Eventually, the one grandmother I knew wore pants and my mother was like yours in her clothing choices. 

I am a jeans gal.  Always have been and that drove my critical mother crazy.  I like my tees and sweater tops as well.  At home its tees, shorts, active wear. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

She wore heals and pearls to do housework. That's neater than I am for around the house, but I do wear my jewelry. LOL  I just imagine, a dress, pearls, and heels. Her house was always neat and clean. Yes, I'm kidding since it was fiction for a t.v. show. But back in early t.v., that's what we used to watch.

Funny, I need my jeans.

@qualitygal

Why do you "need" jeans?   There are many other types of pants, you know.