Honored Contributor

Re: AWAKE SO EARLY MY DOG’S STILL SLEEPING

@Shanus wrote:

For some unknown reason, I’ve been up since 4AM. Molly (my beagle) was fast asleep at my feet and DH still snoring peacefully.

I quietly went to put on my robe and tip toed into the tv room to program the new DVR that Spectrum had to exchange at 10PM last night. What a pain! Of course, I had not watched some of my recorded shows, movies or made a list of the series that automatically record. I’ll be doing that until everyone wakes up.

What do you usually do when you wake up too early and can’t fall back asleep?

@Shanus 

Oh Shanus you have a sweet Beagle......My last dog was a Beagle...they are such a wonderful breed.....Give Molly a hug from me...

If I wake up like that I go to the living room and turn on the TV and make myself a cup of coffee...Not much on TV at that time so I watch ESPN or, NFL Network or ,TCM or , HGTV or QVC........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh!  Heavens!  Bless you!  

I can't get up.  Shadow's crate is down stairs, (until he can sleep with us IF we ever get past chewing), and even though, I have an ionic air filter going to create white noise for him over night and all day. The light would awaken him.

If I adjust I can go back to sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

The same thing happened to me this morning.  Woke up at 3:10, then 4:15, so got out of bed, fixed breakfast and looked forward to watching a morning of "Midsomer Murder" on Oxygen, starting at 5 a.m.  (Commercials every 11 minutes do drive me up the wall, though.)

It's been quite humid recently and I loathe humidity, so think I was just really uncomfortable.  My daughter, however, blames it all on "Mercury in retrograde."

Honored Contributor

Oooh--4 a.m. is too early for me.  And I'm a morning person, too, unless it's cold out. 

But 4 a.m. is still middle of the night for me.  5 a.m and I'd get up.

I have *Hazel* recorded and there's one episode I've never gotten past the 1st round of commercials and I am zonked out again.  Works like a charm.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Since I have retired have been getting up at

5 am.  I have learned to give into it and have a cup of coffee and then take my shower.  Back to the kitchen for breakfast and reading my newspapers and e-mail.  My pleasant new tradition is, if I can, to take a nap at 3p.m for an hour and a half.  My family especially my dad were fond of naps and now I know why.  I thoroughly enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I get up every morning at about 3:30 AM. I like being up and having the house to myself.  It is my favorite time of the day!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm retired, and 4:30 has become my new wake-up time....it's sort of ridiculous since I'm getting up earlier now than when I was working! I pour a cup of creamy coffee, check my email and Facebook, have some cereal, feed the cats, and lay down on the couch to read (and maybe snooze for 30 minutes!). What a life!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

For some unknown reason, I’ve been up since 4AM. Molly (my beagle) was fast asleep at my feet and DH still snoring peacefully.

I quietly went to put on my robe and tip toed into the tv room to program the new DVR that Spectrum had to exchange at 10PM last night. What a pain! Of course, I had not watched some of my recorded shows, movies or made a list of the series that automatically record. I’ll be doing that until everyone wakes up.

What do you usually do when you wake up too early and can’t fall back asleep?

@Shanus 

Oh Shanus you have a sweet Beagle......My last dog was a Beagle...they are such a wonderful breed.....Give Molly a hug from me...

If I wake up like that I go to the living room and turn on the TV and make myself a cup of coffee...Not much on TV at that time so I watch ESPN or, NFL Network or ,TCM or , HGTV or QVC........

@Spurt   Coincidentally, I posted Molly’s “baby’s pic” under Pet Lovers this morning. Love beagles!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Oh!  Heavens!  Bless you!  

I can't get up.  Shadow's crate is down stairs, (until he can sleep with us IF we ever get past chewing), and even though, I have an ionic air filter going to create white noise for him over night and all day. The light would awaken him.

If I adjust I can go back to sleep.

@ECBG   A bit off subject, but sage advice from a friend who’s had dogs for 70 yrs. Treat them like babies....make noise, leave the lights on, teach them to sleep through anything or you’ll be walking in slipppers the entire time you have him/her. Sorry, just a piece of my mind. My kids can sleep next to a train track, dogs, too. 😜

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@Shanus Since I have retired have been getting up at

5 am.  I have learned to give into it and have a cup of coffee and then take my shower.  Back to the kitchen for breakfast and reading my newspapers and e-mail.  My pleasant new tradition is, if I can, to take a nap at 3p.m for an hour and a half.  My family especially my dad were fond of naps and now I know why.  I thoroughly enjoy them.

@tobes   Ah. A fellow nap lover!!!