Honored Contributor

Re: AWAKE SO EARLY MY DOG’S STILL SLEEPING

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Oh!  Heavens!  Bless you!  

I can't get up.  Shadow's crate is down stairs, (until he can sleep with us IF we ever get past chewing), and even though, I have an ionic air filter going to create white noise for him over night and all day. The light would awaken him.

If I adjust I can go back to sleep.

@ECBG   A bit off subject, but sage advice from a friend who’s had dogs for 70 yrs. Treat them like babies....make noise, leave the lights on, teach them to sleep through anything or you’ll be walking in slipppers the entire time you have him/her. Sorry, just a piece of my mind. My kids can sleep next to a train track, dogs, too. 😜

@Shanus Thank you.  I totally know, lol!  Our bed is also over the crate and DH has to get sleep.  Totally unlike me, he has an early internal clock where I can stay up all night (of course I get my 8 hrs later....) he can't ever sleep in, even weekends.

Valued Contributor

Once I'm awake I have to get up & move. I can't just lay there. I have chronic pain. I have many mornings that I'm up at 3 or 4 am. I don't go back to sleep, I just feel wiped by 2:00 pm. Going to bed at 8:00 tonight. I can't wait!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   I get up every morning at about 3:30 AM. I like being up and having the house to myself.  It is my favorite time of the day!

@SeaMaiden   You do just the opposite of what I do.  When you are both home all day, together all day, there isn't a lot of alone time.  I have been a housewife our entire marriage (I know, a dinasaur) so I was used to having the house to myself, everyday, all day.  His retirement was a REAL adjustment.  It is alot of togetherness.  Anyway, I choose to go to bed late.  Those few hours alone are nice.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If I can't sleep or wake up too early, I get on my laptop and read the forums here.  I enjoy reading the different posts as it relaxes me and I eventually fall asleep..... 

Esteemed Contributor

I fall asleep on the couch watching TV.  Go to bed around 11:30 and watch movies on my Kindle till I Fall asleep around 1:00.  Sleep to around 6:00.  Then finish watching the movie  where I fell asleep.  I don,t want to disturb the dog at my feet until 7.  Do my morning chores on the computer, take the dog for a walk, and go to Zumba class.  Come home and really get serous about chores.  After chores, on the treadmill for a couple of miles and bike for five.  Take dog to park, water yards, get mine and dogs dinner, do yoga stretch to work out the kinks, and finally sit down at 8pm to watch TV, but fall asleep.   I WONDER WHY?

Honored Contributor

I am up usually then, I do YouTube, and get on here to do this, or check mail.  I don't have this on all day long.  

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee  Like your attitude.  Just found a beautiful journal lots of flowers on the pages.  I want to use it for a gratitude journal.  I think I need to do that.  I'm into paper and writing things anyway, but this just fits for me now.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal : Thank you. Like your idea about a special journal. I use regular notebooks. I buy them when school supplies are on sale. DH likes to joke with me and call me cheapo, but guess who has money left at the end of month? My moto- spend but shop with coupons and deals because probably will find something you really want. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   I get up every morning at about 3:30 AM. I like being up and having the house to myself.  It is my favorite time of the day!

@SeaMaiden   You do just the opposite of what I do.  When you are both home all day, together all day, there isn't a lot of alone time.  I have been a housewife our entire marriage (I know, a dinasaur) so I was used to having the house to myself, everyday, all day.  His retirement was a REAL adjustment.  It is alot of togetherness.  Anyway, I choose to go to bed late.  Those few hours alone are nice.

@tends2dogs   When DH started his practice 46 years ago, the only secretary/receptionist/appointment maker he could afford was me...no salary. I started working when the the kids were toddlers, potty trained and accepted to daycare...ages 2 and 3. I worked for him for 25 yrs. It was way too much togetherness, especially during the stress of tax time. I often wonder if we’ll get along when he retires and I now have my own schedule and interests.