Honored Contributor

AWAKE SO EARLY MY DOG’S STILL SLEEPING

[ Edited ]

For some unknown reason, I’ve been up since 4AM. Molly (my beagle) was fast asleep at my feet and DH still snoring peacefully.

I quietly went to put on my robe and tip toed into the tv room to program the new DVR that Spectrum had to exchange at 10PM last night. What a pain! Of course, I had not watched some of my recorded shows, movies or made a list of the series that automatically record. I’ll be doing that until everyone wakes up.

What do you usually do when you wake up too early and can’t fall back asleep?

Honored Contributor

Re: AWAKE SO EARLY MY DOG’S STILL SLEEPING

My go to is a couple of oreos and a glass of milk.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

My go to is a couple of oreos and a glass of milk.

@Mom2Dogs   Good morning. I’m not a sweets person, but a bagel sounds good! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus : Unfortunately, I wake up early several times during the week. I pray, count my Blessings. Plan my day. Determined to stay happy and positive. Usually awake again at 6:30 am when new neighbors leave for work and Thankful that I am retired and try to go back to sleep. DH going to lunch with his brother and I don’t have to cook today. DH going fishing Friday and I can do something or nothing. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Shanus : Unfortunately, I wake up early several times during the week. I pray, count my Blessings. Plan my day. Determined to stay happy and positive. Usually awake again at 6:30 am when new neighbors leave for work and Thankful that I am retired and try to go back to sleep. DH going to lunch with his brother and I don’t have to cook today. DH going fishing Friday and I can do something or nothing. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee   Once I’m awake, that’s it...no falling back asleep for me. I hit the floor running. I’m a morning person, so may as well get the day started. I know I’ll just fizzle out earlier in the day. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus : Hard for me to go back to sleep and around 2pm struggling not to take a nap. I prefer to get things done in the morning. Enjoy your day. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Shanus : Hard for me to go back to sleep and around 2pm struggling not to take a nap. I prefer to get things done in the morning. Enjoy your day. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee   I have a “planned nap” no matter what time I get up. It’s one of the high points of my day. I awake refreshed and ready to start dinner or whatever else is ahead for the evening. 😄

Esteemed Contributor

I wake up very early too. My beagle (Maddie) loves to sleep late these days. She’s nine years old and has become a total couch potato. What I do is turn on the TV, at very low volume so my husband doesn’t wake up. I’ve even watched some silent movies on TCM,  as well as foreign films with subtitles.

Super Contributor

I have learned to just not fight it, I leave the bedroom so the dogs and husband can sleep, then i turn on the tv, make a cup of tea, throw in a load of laundry and just enjoy the morning, By the time the husband leaves for work I sometimes crawl back into bed.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

It has happened quite a few times.  I try for about 15 mins. Then get up and make a cup of regular tea.  Play Words with Friends until I get sleepy....back to bed !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill