Honored Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

Should I take a chance approaching the mods in Suggestion Box, that the rules be loosened up a bit to reflect the times and subjects that should be able to be discussed here? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Should I take a chance approaching the mods in Suggestion Box, that the rules be loosened up a bit to reflect the times and subjects that should be able to be discussed here? 

Could not hurt.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

I've been posting for more than 15 years.  QVC changed the forum several times since.  One of the main changes occurred in March 2010 so most if not all of us who were members prior lost our post count and ended up with sign up dates in March 2010.  I could be wrong but I'm not sure that there are members w/orginal sign up dates prior to 2010.  

Before the March 2010 change, I was a consistent contributer.  I lurk more than I post now though I don't lurk much.  QVC and all that in entails just doesn't interest me anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm replying as if there's no right or wrong answers. We're chatting and brainstorming here. 

The change I see is fewer new posts being originated. Question: When you start a new post -- do you hesitate because no one needs vitriol thrown in their faces? At least after 2020, we're not in the mood for it. That's what I'm sensing. Life is short and too precious. Feeling honest this morning. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I have wanted to share my e mail,with a few posters ,just in case, alone here.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

We've solved the world's problems, so nobody is asking anything anymore? Nobody to "argue" with because we all agree? Other social media?

I've been here since 2007, but this board is older than that. The board used to be rousing with free flowing thought. Today? God forbid we should have a different opinion.

In any event, I'm glad you are still here!

Thanks @Harpa . In the last decade, I've made many friends here. Now especially, I would think we all need some human contact (as much as this is). I'm just so frustrated and thinking about this having breakfast this morning. I checked in this morning loking for the banter about makeup styles, fashion faux pas, which shows are passe, nothing!

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm replying as if there's no right or wrong answers. We're chatting and brainstorming here. 

The change I see is fewer new posts being originated. Question: When you start a new post -- do you hesitate because no one needs vitriol thrown in their faces? At least after 2020, we're not in the mood for it. That's what I'm sensing. Life is short and too precious. Feeling honest this morning. 

Your correct, after all we have had to put up with,i really want more niceness,if that is a word!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  I agree that people for various reasons have lost interest in posting.Some have aged out. Some are tired of all the poofing.What has turned me off in particular is the lack of respect. Some people enjoy trolling others & get quite nasty.

I've said many times on these boards that we are all friends here. We should be able to to agree to disagree.

@NicksmomESQ   Yes. I've had to "report" a few posters that continually follow me around to make nasty remarks and insight arguements, but it seems they receive a slap on the wrists, if anything. 

The mods may be on the job, but exactly what IS their job and how can they regulate these boards without choking us out?

@Shanus  You are so right.I have joined a couple of FB political groups. On them I'm able to interact with "adults". We disagree but do so respectfully.It's liberating to feel that your opinion won't be picked apart. The mods on these groups are very reasonable.Posters can express all opinions but must be respectful.

The only time a comment gets deleted is if it's nasty or attacks another poster.If you attack another poster 3x your banned from the group,period.

I don't blame the mods here. They are good people who work for a living. They have to follow the guidance of their employer, QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Latonya wrote:

I've been posting for more than 15 years.  QVC changed the forum several times since.  One of the main changes occurred in March 2010 so most if not all of us who were members prior lost our post count and ended up with sign up dates in March 2010.  I could be wrong but I'm not sure that there are members w/orginal sign up dates prior to 2010.  

Before the March 2010 change, I was a consistent contributer.  I lurk more than I post now though I don't lurk much.  QVC and all that in entails just doesn't interest me anymore.  

@Latonya   I'm not clear. Do you mean the programming, the forums, the hosts, the products offered? Yes to all?

Esteemed Contributor

I hope the forums aren't on their way out. I have gotten some good advice here. I've asked about items I was on the fence about ordering, gotten recommendations and really enjoyed the items I may not have ordered had I not came here and asked what some of you thought about it. Those Authentic Gourmet croissants are what comes immediately to mind, but there have been other items as well.  

There is something I'd like to post about today, but it is political, or would get that way so, I will refrain and go unload my dishwasher. Dang it.