Honored Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

I've been on these forums for more years than I can even remember.  I was on them through several different formats, including one that was more of just a chat room. 

Since way back then the boards would go through slow periods and people would speculate that QVC was going to do away with them. 

Many posters wanted more moderation because they didn't like the tone of the boards previously.  Now I personally think they are over moderated.  If the moderators themselves aren't poofing posts, posters are telling others what they should and shouldn't be posting. 

For me, I find the threads of constant complaining and picking apart everything to get tiresome.       

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus  - I'm curious to see the replies.  I enjoy the forums - especially early in the morning with a cup of coffee.  I certainly hope they will continue with as much participation as possible.  However,  I get frustrated with the constant poofing of the threads and over-monitoring.  Yeah, I understand it's "their rules-their game", but I believe the poofing has frustrated many and slowed down participation.

@San Antonio Gal   You're right, but the last 5 years of politics has made it impossible to post what was paramount on everyone's minds. With the pandemic came more issues that became more political than health related...and most of the above poofed as we all tried to express our frustrations working around the rules here. 

Whether or not the mods read these posts, I feel as the world changes, the rules need to loosen up a little as well. With the world in chaos, those are the thoughts we have and sometimes need to be expressed...in a civil manner.

As I expressed previouisly, in this new normal, beauty, fashion, kitchen ware seem so trivial. I think people are going to FB and other social media outlets where they are more free to express their feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I agree that people for various reasons have lost interest in posting.Some have aged out. Some are tired of all the poofing.What has turned me off in particular is the lack of respect. Some people enjoy trolling others & get quite nasty.

I've said many times on these boards that we are all friends here. We should be able to to agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus , I have wondered the same thing, too much deleting of threads, too much reporting from people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've been on these forums for more years than I can even remember.  I was on them through several different formats, including one that was more of just a chat room. 

Since way back then the boards would go through slow periods and people would speculate that QVC was going to do away with them. 

Many posters wanted more moderation because they didn't like the tone of the boards previously.  Now I personally think they are over moderated.  If the moderators themselves aren't poofing posts, posters are telling others what they should and shouldn't be posting. 

For me, I find the threads of constant complaining and picking apart everything to get tiresome.       

Exactly!

Why does everything have to be so over-analyzed?  Start a thread of interest or reply to a thread of interest and enjoy yourself here. 

All the constant complaints and nitpicking doesn't add any value to the forums.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  I agree that people for various reasons have lost interest in posting.Some have aged out. Some are tired of all the poofing.What has turned me off in particular is the lack of respect. Some people enjoy trolling others & get quite nasty.

I've said many times on these boards that we are all friends here. We should be able to to agree to disagree.

@NicksmomESQ   Yes. I've had to "report" a few posters that continually follow me around to make nasty remarks and insight arguements, but it seems they receive a slap on the wrists, if anything. 

The mods may be on the job, but exactly what IS their job and how can they regulate these boards without choking us out?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Shanus , I have wondered the same thing, too much deleting of threads, too much reporting from people.

@goldensrbest   When I've mentioned that, I was told that is "their forums, not ours and they make the rules". 

Esteemed Contributor

We've solved the world's problems, so nobody is asking anything anymore? Nobody to "argue" with because we all agree? Other social media?

I've been here since 2007, but this board is older than that. The board used to be rousing with free flowing thought. Today? God forbid we should have a different opinion.

In any event, I'm glad you are still here!

Honored Contributor

I hope not because I've learned many useful things here.  What I dislike about them is when posters go off topic and start attacking other posters.  Stick to the original topic and maybe the mods wouldn't have to delete so many.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   When I've mentioned that, I was told that is "their forums, not ours and they make the rules". 

I know that all too well.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.