Honored Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

I cannot imagine that they would be on their way out.  I joined up in 2007 and took a short hiatus in 2009 since they became so vicious.  When I started back in '09 I had to make myself leave posts that upset me now the Mod.'s do it pretty quickly which is nice and calming.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I would sure miss these boards if they were discontinued.  I've met nice people, learned  a lot, and had fun.  Yes, I remember the days when things would get nasty.  I do miss some of those posters and wonder what became of them.  Remember the multiple nicks?!  Crazy!!!

Reading your post I was just recalling one time during the holidays where a bunch of posters, just as fun and not to do anything negative, changed their IDs to a christmas-related name. 

All kinds of confusion ensued with, IIRC, some of them getting banned and having trouble getting their old IDs back.  I recall being glad I didn't do that, but I don't begrudge them it because they were just having fun and not trying to fool anybody.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC - rude, unkind and disrespectful

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@dooBdoo @I don't know if you are a professional writer but you could be. Thank you for your post.

Thank you for that lovely compliment, @Mindy D.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I too have noticed these forums don't have as much content as they once had which is disappointing.  Love to come here for the good information, advice and opinions so I hate to see it become stagnant.  Are their other forums that some of you visit that offer a variety of topics and good content?

Valued Contributor

You can not access the forums from the mobile app so I do not think new users even know about them.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm replying as if there's no right or wrong answers. We're chatting and brainstorming here. 

The change I see is fewer new posts being originated. Question: When you start a new post -- do you hesitate because no one needs vitriol thrown in their faces? At least after 2020, we're not in the mood for it. That's what I'm sensing. Life is short and too precious. Feeling honest this morning. 

Your correct, after all we have had to put up with,i really want more niceness,if that is a word!!!

I agree. I can't tell you how many times I've typed a couple of paragraphs on a topic only to reread, then delete them, and never post at all.  While I thought, in some cases, the comments might be helpful or informative to some, I knew they would probably generate hostile comments as well.  I think most people are just posting their opinions or experiences and don't expect to get bashed for doing it so don't bother.