Trusted Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

I have always enjoyed posting here although I am fairly new compared to some of you.   I do like starting a new post but whenever I think about it I am just burned out as far as a topic that will be interesting!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo @I don't know if you are a professional writer but you could be. Thank you for your post.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I know I've been on & off this site for over 20 years.

Not under the same name, after months of inactivity, I just start a new profile instead of trying to recall or change a password

At different times in my life I'm more active.

It's a cycle

And moderating will never change

I try to make the most of what we have here

@Shanus wrote:

I've been coming here for 11 years. I start threads, read posts, reply to most. I go to the many that interest me. 

Over the last six months, or more, there has been very little activity compared to the way it used to be. OK, so there's a pandemic, political unrest and many issues that would make us feel "down". Some people aren't working at all and others from home. Those certainly would not be busy as before.

I have read that some here are experiencing health issues. Maybe that's it. Could the regular posters just be "aging out" and no longer interested in corresponding on this format?

I know it's difficult to stay within forum regulations and frustrating to see the threads removed by mods. Maybe that's it. 

Am I the only one who is still checking in and sees nothing new and interesting to respond to?

@software   I didn't know you could keep changing profiles. Why would you not sign on as the same person you were?

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I refuse to do Facebook. I just received an email that I had 116 friends.  Lol. Where I worked the meaness towards the Tribal Government got so vicious  employees were threatened to be terminated. I know I have read a few posters here that are not into Facebook as have said so. Now that I am retired I  finially have the time to be on the Forums.

I think many here are 50+ and I used to think when I was younger I am not going to discuss all the aches and pains and medical frustrations. Here I am in my 60s. Covid has been saturated on our minds and in the news so comes on here. 

I avoid the depressing titles about illness, death, or news I already  heard.  No big deal. I tend to go to the same forums. I try and stick to the facts as to what I experience. Copyrighting is a legal issue and understand deleting those posts. I have to admit I try and guess why a thread got poofed and who posted and then curious as missed it? Hosts have been discussed  both good and negative but are in the Public Eye and a large part off a business.

I think Q benefits financially when products are discussed, ordered, shared, requested etc. on the forums so that will keep it going. What is the item number of so in so`s top? I know I have ordered after reading about products here. I appreciate a suggestion or idea on an item and experience. I try and respond with Thank You and acknowledge the reply. 

I like to learn from others, Tips, History, Geography, Art, Movies,Travel,  Books, Recipes Decorating, Pets etc. I love  the cartoons and visiting the seasonal group Puddles starts with pretty scenes and quotes. I gloss over their interactions as they  personally know each others families and situations. They are genuinely  supportive to each other and  some avoid the regular forums as know they can be different.

@Gorgf   I'm not sure the PTB read these forums. We've made some marvelous suggestions here re: programming, shipping, pricing, hosts....Nothing has ever changed. 

The way to change and do good business is to listen to your customers, right? This is the perfect place to get suggestions how we feel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Gorgf   I'm not sure the PTB read these forums. We've made some marvelous suggestions here re: programming, shipping, pricing, hosts....Nothing has ever changed. 

The way to change and do good business is to listen to your customers, right? This is the perfect place to get suggestions how we feel.

@Shanus 

One time me and another co-worker were selected to attend a business conference and although most speakers had nothing to share that we could use for our particular company business, they had a speaker that discussed the retail business and the importance of knowing and listening to your customer.... As a consumer, I wanted to giver her a standing ovation...interesting stuff....she gave some great examples of retailers that had failed because they went along with Executive Plans instead of listening to their customers and what they wanted....

I volunteer for a non-profit and we have a person that is responsible for reading and keeping up with the orgnaization's Facebook Page, and she writes a monthly report and gives the highlights of what participants are saying about the organization or any suggestions or feedback that's posted....I wonder if QVC does something similar....I know once in a blue moon one of the Mods would even say, "I'll pass that suggestion on" (these were mostly things found in the Home/Holiday category).....I wonder if the Mods do this without our knowledge..... Now I have heard host/vendors say---we listened to your feedback and made some changes in our product...And occasionally a host will even say on air...."I got in trouble for something I said the other day, or I will probably get an email from a Supervisor about that"....and where did that feedback come from ?!?!?!? ?from here???? 🤔who knows.....There has to be a reason QVC devotes so much expense and time to keep the Forums going....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a forums member for many many years. Probably close to twenty. Back when I had a different username and a different life stage. I remember sharing some of the issues I was having with my son, seems like forever ago. He died in 2013. 
I stayed off the forums for years. Only returned recently. Some things haven't changed: the snarky, sarcastic know it all responses from many women-that in itself was a reason I left. No matter the topic. You're bound to get at least one snotty post. 
with that said, I cruise through here once in a while, looking mainly at the TSV topic, beauty and fashion. Lots of scrolling. Occasionally a helpful tip or useful review. 
As for more attention on health issues as the "original" members like me get older, yes that is clearly happening. In my fifties I had no medical problems. Now at 69, yikes. My sixties brought me three knee replacement surgeries (same knee), advancing  arthritis and a few chronic issues. As if you needed to know this about me, haha 😛 

so to sum up, I don't know if the forums are on their way out but some of the old time members probably are. 🤓. And by the way and totally off topic- does anyone else feel like, for every day of vacuum cleaners or meat or mattress tsv's the Q owes me like a week of beauty, fashion or jewelry to make up for it? Yeah! ☺️😂

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

I know I've been on & off this site for over 20 years.

Not under the same name, after months of inactivity, I just start a new profile instead of trying to recall or change a password

At different times in my life I'm more active.

It's a cycle

And moderating will never change

I try to make the most of what we have here

@Shanus wrote:

I've been coming here for 11 years. I start threads, read posts, reply to most. I go to the many that interest me. 

Over the last six months, or more, there has been very little activity compared to the way it used to be. OK, so there's a pandemic, political unrest and many issues that would make us feel "down". Some people aren't working at all and others from home. Those certainly would not be busy as before.

I have read that some here are experiencing health issues. Maybe that's it. Could the regular posters just be "aging out" and no longer interested in corresponding on this format?

I know it's difficult to stay within forum regulations and frustrating to see the threads removed by mods. Maybe that's it. 

Am I the only one who is still checking in and sees nothing new and interesting to respond to?

@software   I didn't know you could keep changing profiles. Why would you not sign on as the same person you were?

Because I forget.

I may not sign in for months, then can't recall user name or password

I'm surprised you didn't know you could change profile.

There have been many posts where people sign in as Rose2 for example because for whatever reason, they couldn't sign in as their original name, ,Rose.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   As to your request for a "current events" forum, I doubt that will happen here.  I have been on a large website that hosts hundreds of forums. It started out as a garden forum and grew over the years. I have been there since 1998. It has been bought and sold a few times since I have been there. It is now run/own by H--zz.  They had a forum called "Hot Topics". You could discuss just about anything in that forum. Religion, politics, current happenings, etc.  This year they shut it down. The last couple of years it got pretty nasty. The moderators had had enough so it is no longer a forum.  They shut that one down. I think it would more than likely be the same here.  I doubt the moderators would allow the topics for discussion. That is my opinion any way.

I have taken a break from these forums myself for a few months. Had other things going on, trying to reduce the amount of time I spend on the computer, don't purchase very much from QVC. I purchased a total of 3 items from them last year. Same ole' same ole'. Came back today and saw this post.  So I thought I would jump back in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@NicksmomESQ   I would think most other social media is covered with political discusiions and pandemic issues, as well as financial wows and business closings. That's where and who we are today. These forums have somewhat taken that platform away from us.  

@Shanus  I think the platform was taken away from us because we can't discuss those topics here. Between the posting rules & the nastiness they get poofed.

I wonder if QVC would consider adding a Political or Current Events forum & loosening the rules a little?

@NicksmomESQ, a political forum would be like the wild, wild west!

IMO, the glory days of the forums was back when not only QVC, but HSN was the place to be, & boy was their political forum active!

So much fun!

HSN made a huge mistake when they shut them down, and a lot of their posters (like me) trickled on over to QVC.

I hope that's not going to happen here.

I agree with others who say that some posters have 'aged out'. In many ways, that's true. I, for one, no longer haunt the fashion or beauty forums...

Plus, as usual, it can sometimes be a popularity or familiarity contest.

Someone like that can start a thread with something as benign as "I ate oatmeal for breakfast", & there'll be 4 pages of responses. LOL! Smiley LOL

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@sabatini  I too used to go to the Hsn forums. Soooo long ago! I think my username was Kalamazoo Sue or something like that  🤓

Harmonize the World