Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

@skatting44 wrote:

Well, maybe the utility of this blog for customers to share their feelings  and news of items they bought on QVC has lost utility .  Maybe in yrs past people blogged abt what a great buy some item may have been or how thrilled they were with the clothing  or how items were offered on the Q that were not accessible everywhere. Now a days with many online companies  offering more benefits of free shipping ,  better prices, allowing returns  beyond 30 days , and accepting  returns at brick &motar stores so customers can save on return shipping costs , there is less joy joy to  QVC  to blog abt .

@skatting44   You have a point.  When I first came on in 2007 I was doing a lot of shopping, particularly in the jewelry department.  I retired in 2000, stopped all of the home shopping networks so I don't post on many of the departments that sell things.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Another thing: the innocence of some of the posters. Thinking some of the hosts choose the products for the shows,things like that.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

GURL... YAS.  Love to deep dive into data.  That's why I make the BIG MONEY..  MEOW.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If i remember correctly, they asked  us about, changing the forums ,a pole was taken, did i dream this? If they did ,why not ask again?

I don't remember this, but as a general comment on surveys, very few things are more annoying to me than having someone conduct a survey and then ignoring the results.  My company did a survey of employees about a holiday party one year and posted the survey results publicly and then did something different.  People are still burned about this.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I used to start a lot of threads and so did other posters but when you get the rude people knocking your topic instead of just skipping it, you tend to think why bother? Also new people get ripped on their very first post. Makes me cringe. 

That happened to me, either 1st or 2nd post, can't remember exactly.  I was ready to say see ya later, but some kind people posted and convinced me to hang around a while longer.  I've grown a thicker skin now, but being blasted right from the beginning is very disheartening.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

When I started this thread, I never expected this overwhelming response. There are so many theories, opinions and suggestions it boogles the mind.

It is encouraging that his thread still stands as we've all managed to stay within the standards of the forums. That may be a  first for the 18 pages of posts...I haven't counted how many posts in total. 

I'm not sure if there is a resolution, but feelings and ideas have been expressed and that's a good thing. We know why some posters are still here and some have gotten bored with the content and/or moderation and left. 

So, is there a conclusion? I don't think so. We just have  useful information moving forward.

Thanks to everyone for their responses and thought provoking posts.

Shanus

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Shanus  How about this list:

Did you get your vaccine?

Why don't people wear their masks

I won't leave my house

I am sick of being in my house

Trying to get a appointment for my vaccine

I can't get a hold of anyone to make an appontment

Everybody needs a flu shot

Everybody needs a Pneumonia shot

I got my Shingles shots

I got my first Covid shot 

I need my second shot

I need my Colonoscopy done

LMAO  ok I made some up but seriously???

@BalletBabe , you complain about the Covid threads but you seem to want to turn this into another one.  It's the second time you've brought this up.

Most of those threads are very clearly marked so they are easy enough to skip over.  The problem is, people don't want to skip over them.  They want to come into a thread they disagree with and complain within the thread about the topic and then they often continue to participate in the thread by giving their differing opinion.  Which is fine but then why complain about the topic if they are going to keep participating?  

The same thing happened with all the threads about a certain past host.  All those posters complaining but they showed up on every single thread about her.    

Honored Contributor

Many kind, thoughtful and useful comments. QVC Moderators should read every word!! It's important these boards stay open for those who are isolated and use it as a social outlet.

Honored Contributor

For me I dont post much because of the lack of interesting posts, and the same old thing, and several posts asking the same question, complaining about the same old same old.  Lately I have had either no response or very little response to a couple of my posts.  Figured no one was interested.

Also, its maddening that mods delete posts and/or threads with no explanation.  I dont begrudge them doing their job.

I think posters are afraid to post much due to getting ugly replies.

And dont even get me started on the numerous Covid posts. Ugh!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have noticed that HSN forums allow more than here and threads dont seem to get deleted.

I would be sad if these forums went away. 

Many people are in facebook groups and other social media so maybe that is why it has slowed down here??

I was in some yahoo groups for a few years that got very slow, and everyone was on facebook. Yahoo has now done away with their groups.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller