Respected Contributor

Re: ARE THESE FORUMS ON THEIR WAY OUT/

@Carmie wrote:

The forums are not on their way out unless QVC closes them down to save money.  

There  will always be posters on here complaining about something. The ones I see over and over, especially about the hosts.

• talk too loud
  • talk too fast
  • make up words
  • don't like Host's voice
  • don't like vendor's voice 
  • say same phrase over and over
  • mispronounce words or speak with a lisp
  • eat too much
  • don't taste the food
  • touch or squeeze the food
  • waste food
  • don't wear QVC clothing
  • Wear frumpy clothing
  • don't like wearing Pj's to work in
  • wear wrong size
  • brag and lie about the size they are wearing
  • don't like host's reading glasses
  • don't like host's hair style
  • don't  like host's hair color
  • don't like host shaving feet or hair to demonstrate product
  • don't like host demonstrating oral products like teeth whiteners

But wait, there's more!  OH, golly gee wiz...what would people do if they couldn't complain?

These constant negative complaints are old and tiresome.  I and I am sure there must be others who are getting tired of it too. It makes the forums boring, and I think it keeps people away.

If the complaint is new and valid, I can see posting about it, but when it has been posted and hashed to death and QVC doesn't think it is important enough to take action, it's time to let it go.

If you don't like to be told to turn down the volume or change the channel...stop complaining about something that will never change.  Only you can do something about it it bothers you.

This is a QVC discussion board so yes, people will discuss the Q hosts and there will be complaints and talk of things regarding Q shows, etc.  So you're complaining about the complainers?  I don't find these threads any more annoying than the zillion plus Covid threads that have also been hashed and rehashed and argued about ad nauseum.  Maybe if you so tire of the "complaining" threads I would say what a few have told me when I've posted of tiring of the endless "mask" and Covid threads---just pass on by and post on threads (or boards) you do like.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know if this board is on it's way out but I agree with you, there's no activity on it anymore.  Granted, they don't let us discuss anything that people everywhere are talking about.  So I think posters have drifted away.  Others have aged out and don't care about this board anymore or passed away.  At one time, mods took action when a poster broke the rules or when a thread got insulting or went on for too long but now they invent reasons to end a thread.  They see things that aren't even there and that drives posters away.  Sometimes it's funny.  You are left wondering how the heck a post about someone's dress on Jan 20 could be "argumentative" when the post only lasted 9 minutes...LOL  

that thread was bound for extinction almost immediately and i am sure pretty much everyone saw how argumentative/contentious it got. in fact, there were two separate threads that day within minutes of each other......two different women, both were deleted. no big surprise......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG and @Tinkrbl44, Thank you.❤️  
Reading through the thread I get the sense that each person has given a lot of thought to their comments, and the atmosphere of respect for each other is encouraging.  It's helpful to read the variety of reactions.  
@Shanus, thanks for the thread, 
and thanks, everyone for your interesting contributions.  Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I think that the Mods do a great job keeping this place (more or less) civil.

People will argue over whether water is wet or not, so I'm glad that there isn't a political forum here, although some do try to "sneak" politics in.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no interest in these forums anymore. It's the same old, same old, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Some threads are informative, but most are either ridiculous, boring, or depressing. I'm depressed enough as it is, so don't care to come to these forums for more depressing news. 

I do realize these forums are an outlet for many to vent, but that often gets out of hand and we all know how those threads end. Sad, but true.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

I used to start a lot of threads and so did other posters but when you get the rude people knocking your topic instead of just skipping it, you tend to think why bother? Also new people get ripped on their very first post. Makes me cringe. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I appreciate your efforts with this and your already defunct thread. There is much I could say but don't feel comfortable doing so. I suspect the boards will be here in some form for the foreseeable future but do agree that as some folks tire of a relatively homogenized set of permitted topics and of monitoring that sometimes seems uneven, and occasionally personal, capricious and lacking in accountability, there will be a transition in those who remain active and there will be changes in how active some of those remaining elect to be. I wish we could impact that but clearly, it is what it is. Some have suggested that these boards were, at least in part, the result of a survey. Maybe it's time to do another...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

From daily experience I have learned to keep my mouth shut or it seems someone will shut it for me.  We all are feeling off balance and not liking in our own way what seems to be the NEW NORMAL.  Hopefully it will all pass. 

The mods are being extra careful and lots of posts are being refused and censored.  Being censored over and over just about everywhere people may just be giving up. 

A friend of mine was banned from Facebook.  Others cannot use social media wiithout backlash.   

I guess we will just have to do the best we can.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

There  will always be posters on here complaining about something. The ones I see over and over, especially about the hosts.

• talk too loud
  • talk too fast
  • make up words
  • eat too much
  • don't taste the food
  • waste food
  • Wear frumpy clothing
  • wear wrong size

But wait, there's more!  OH, golly gee wiz...what would people do if they couldn't complain?

These constant negative complaints are old and tiresome.  I and I am sure there must be others who are getting tired of it too. It makes the forums boring, and I think it keeps people away.

If the complaint is new and valid, I can see posting about it, but when it has been posted and hashed to death and QVC doesn't think it is important enough to take action, it's time to let it go.

If you don't like to be told to turn down the volume or change the channel...stop complaining about something that will never change.  Only you can do something about it it bothers you.

Well .  I think  many people  come to this forum  because they may  be lonely or seek  validation from others abt their feelings and  concerns . If you don't want to read  whatever others have to say when they complain , you have the power within yourself not to read the post. 

Yeah?  No kidding,

I usually don't read them, but I can see the headliner after the mods remove the posts for being unkind.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

• talk too loud
  • talk too fast
  • make up words
  • eat too much
  • don't taste the food
  • waste food
  • Wear frumpy clothing
  • wear wrong size

This is a QVC discussion board so yes, people will discuss the Q hosts and there will be complaints and talk of things regarding Q shows, etc.  So you're complaining about the complainers?  I don't find these threads any more annoying than the zillion plus Covid threads that have also been hashed and rehashed and argued about ad nauseum.  Maybe if you so tire of the "complaining" threads I would say what a few have told me when I've posted of tiring of the endless "mask" and Covid threads---just pass on by and post on threads (or boards) you do like.

@KKJ   No, I am not complaining about anything.  A just answered the OP's question.  The boards are not on their way out and explained why IMO some people don't post or visit anymore.

It's the same old, same old stuff day in and day out and many don't find it interesting anymore.