New Contributor

My husband and I celebrate 47 years today. Happy Anniversay to us all!!

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Happy 43rd Anniversary @Shanus! May you enjoy many more happy & healthy years together!

@MOMMAVik   It's 53 yrs. today, but no worries since I did looked younger when it was 43 yrs. Lol

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations @Shanus! 🎂🎁🌷🎈

Honored Contributor

Re: ANNIVERSARY TODAY

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Shanus   Wow - talk about a milestone, you have us beat. We've been together for 48 years and every day I wonder how and why. But down deep I guess I really do know the answer to this just as you and you lover do.

It takes A LOT of long hard work to get to the point you and your mate (and us too) have been through, what we've gone through, and what we are currently going through. We made a commitment didn't we WAY back when to be true to ourselves first and then to the mate we found, we chose, we thought way back when, this THIS is the person I truly believe I can take and keep forever. 

God has blessed you Ms Shanus and your mate to make it this far for ALL the years you have made it through to STILL respect, like, love and have chosen to keep going.

@PINKdogWOOD  This was so beautiful to read and so true, too. Anyone with a long time marriage or relationship knows there are tough times and great times. Those that say their relationships of many decades is perfect is doubtful IMO. 

Just raising kids is a "test" of the marriage. It takes so much courage to parent and do it well. Now so proud of both of them (DD is 49 and DS is 50). Yes, two little babies a year apart..Now THAT'S a true test.

Thanks for your reply. It meant a lot. Hoping you'll make it with your hubby way beyond 53 yrs. 💕

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, CONGRATS to you, too @dozerdogdog . Hope you had an awsome day.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your long-term marriage!  May you and your DH have many more years ahead!

Honored Contributor

Can you remember life before him?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Can you remember life before him?

@AuntG   That's funny since I thought about that yesterday. I was only 20 when we met and started dating...technically 19 and turned 20 soon after. We were married a few weeks after I turned 21.

I do remember life not married, but it was so long ago!! More of my life has been with DH than without him. 

He's 4 yrs. older (78) and still working in his practice as a tax account. he opened that office right after our daughter was born...49 yrs. ago. 

It IS a long time to be married. My parents made it to 65 yrs.!! I guess they set the example that no matter the obstacles, you can stay strong.

Regular Contributor

@Shanus  Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! I hope you had a wonderful day! 🥳🤗🤩🥂🎊

Honored Contributor