Respected Contributor

Re: AND TODAYS LASTEST SHORTAGE IS.......................

@SeaMaiden  Please give details.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  Sorry, seems I've gotten off topic. 

But, yes, Anything I Need I will stock up on when I see it.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, I think we're going to move from one shortage to another.   I was told dog food was going to be in short supply at the back in 2020, so I stocked up a little, and these "rolling" shortages make you want to start becoming a hoarder on certain things.

Flour, sugar, dog food, toilet paper, bread, yeast, coffee creamer, appliances, baby formula, now tampons.   My local stores seem to be stocked pretty well, but I remember going to my local store last year, and the shelves were bare - that is scary. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mom2DogsIt's not novel at all.

I can remember a couple of  short years ago we were close to being energy self sufficent and Manufacturers were returning to the USA.. Then things changed and for the past two years it's been getting worse and worse.

Think about it.

@candys mine  It was also the worst leadership EVER

You must be talking about the present situation. Yes, it is. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to lighten it up a little.  Yesterday I was in between errands and had a few minutes so I stopped quickly at the grocery store to get cucumbers.  Just for fun, as I have done countless numbers of times, I went down the cereal aisle to look for my favorite store brand breakfast bars which have been MIA for months and months and months.  And.....gasp.....there they were!  I couldn't believe it. 

I bought 7 boxes.  I was thrilled.  I bought 7 boxes because who knows how long I'll be able to find them

,DD742675-F640-49F5-8101-D0C7731F573B.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  I guess people can get used to anything. America Used to be blessed with plenty.  Now Empty shelves and prohibitively high gas prices are accepted.

Don't Accept it for long.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  It's like finding treasure when your favourite item is back in stock!

You're right. You can't count on things being available when you want.

Last year, planning early for a family get together for Christmas eve,

Manicotti was requested.  It was October and there was Only ONE box

on the store shelf to be had. I'm glad I bought it then since it Did Not come                    back in stock until the next February. 

With all the shortages "they" say are looming, I'm stocking up on the pasta  l                    want on hand and anything else I can get now that will keep for the Holidays.