Honored Contributor

Re: AND TODAYS LASTEST SHORTAGE IS.......................

No tampons, no sanitary napkins, no baby formula...

What's next?  No mascara?

Makes you wonder why any boy would want to be a girl.

Next question: When are we going to get fed up with this and grow a pair?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@Sooner Ran across a web article from Time magazine (June 7, 2022) on the current shortage of feminine hygiene products. Proctor & Gamble manufactures Tampax products in Maine, and Playtex and o.b. are made in Delaware. The author didn't mention anything about China, however.

Here's the link:

https://time.com/6184644/tampon-shortage-supply-chain/ 

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@Sooner Ran across a web article from Time magazine (June 7, 2022) on the current shortage of feminine hygiene products. Proctor & Gamble manufactures Tampax products in Maine, and Playtex and o.b. are made in Delaware. The author didn't mention anything about China, however.

Here's the link:

@laluzdelmundo Well then that begs the question of jobs and no people to fill them. . . and growing population.  And more issues. 

Respected Contributor

@laluzdelmundo  BUT WHERE do they get the MATERIALS to make their product From?

Assembled in the USA does not necessarily mean the materials to make the product were actually produced in the USA.

Respected Contributor

@laluzdelmundo  this darned computer won't let e edit.  Just wanted to say I'm not picking on you. Just trying to make a point.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Well, they have been advertising those reusable period panties lately.

eeew

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

So will Pampers be next?  

@tipsy  Maybe condoms?

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Wow. These are supplies taken so for granted, that there would be an endless supply. It seems we're time traveling backwards in far too many ways.

I remember so well my mom talking about the rags she and her sisters' had to make when living in the remote hills of KY. When supplies became available, she felt like a Princess in luxury.

It's clear why some who had it so hard, had and have, little patience for the next whining generations, intolerant over minor inconveniences. Time to toughen up; it's likely to get worse. 

I was wondering if this would come up.  How did they do it in former times.  Reminds me gotta go get my towels.

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

Here's the link:

@laluzdelmundo   People always jump to the conclusion that China makes everything we buy, and it isn't true.

In fact, until recently, China did not manufacture tampons for a cultural reason.  Only sanitary pads, and those were not exported.

Our products are made in the USA as mentioned and also in Canada.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

...Well isn't that nice.  I also read people in California are being asked not to charge their electric vehicles...shortage of electricity.  Ya just can't make this stuff up.