Honored Contributor

AN EASY ACT OF KINDNESS

[ Edited ]

I had outgoing mail in my mailbox today. I attached a large sign to the outside of the box "Thanks for delivering my mail". I thanked the cashier at the grocery store, the pharmacist and smiled at people I saw out even though they're turning away and keeping heads down. 

Many people are risking infection to keep our day to day lives going. Please show kindness and thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Great advice and so easy to do. 🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

We were just in our neighborhood Walgreens.  I thanked the cashier for being there.  She was surprised and appreciative.  It doesn't take much!

Trusted Contributor

I sent a letter of Thanks to the manager at my local Walmart.  Normally I don't like shopping there, however, last week I was very pleased to see employees disinfecting the high touch areas during the middle of the day.  I've been in one other grocery store in the past 2 weeks and didn't see that action so I was very happy to see that Walmart was trying to do their best to keep all of us as safe as possible.  

What I felt horrible about during my shopping trip though was my inability to help others.  There was an elderly man at the checkout behind me in a riding cart.  He was struggling to put his items on the belt.  I didn't want to touch any of his items and unknowingly expose him to something.  A few weeks ago I wouldn't have thought twice to help someone like that.

Valued Contributor

I have definately been thanking all the workers I have had to intereact with the last couple of weeks.  I struck up a conversation with an Aldi worker the other day and she was so friendly.  She then said that earlier a man had walked up to her co-workker who was haveing a drink, grabbed the drink took a sip and handed it back!  The nerve of someone to do this.

Honored Contributor

I've really been thinking of all of our medical and service personnel.  Over half of my students are Rn's, USPS, or UPS.  I rarely go to a medical office that there isn't a former student.

Honored Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

I have definately been thanking all the workers I have had to intereact with the last couple of weeks.  I struck up a conversation with an Aldi worker the other day and she was so friendly.  She then said that earlier a man had walked up to her co-workker who was haveing a drink, grabbed the drink took a sip and handed it back!  The nerve of someone to do this.

@kitty60   Even if there was no virus, that's an eeewwwwwh!!!

Super Contributor

I actually prepared a goody bag for my mail carrier. 

Items in bag:

-i roll of toilet paper

-10 face masks

-8 oz bottle of hand sanitizeer

-box of 4 chocolate truffles

Gave it to him today.  So thankful for ALL the people who are still working and having to interact with others.

Honored Contributor

I'm making apple muffins tomorrow morning and will give some to our newspaper carrier along with a box of chocolates. She is always so dependable Heart and DH appreciates his newspaper early morning. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

I actually prepared a goody bag for my mail carrier. 

Items in bag:

-i roll of toilet paper

-10 face masks

-8 oz bottle of hand sanitizeer

-box of 4 chocolate truffles

Gave it to him today.  So thankful for ALL the people who are still working and having to interact with others.

@chi5925  That's a great idea.Generous. Wonder if he appreciated the TP the most? Lol