Honored Contributor

Huh ??????   Prime is $119 a year and no one pays a Prime charge on every singe order.  So, I can't even wrap my mind around Op's story.  She's confused about something.   I have Prime and I can't imagine life without it but I use my Prime.  I order a lot of things.  I order groceries, I watch videos, I listen to music; so, it's well worth the $119 yearly charge.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Huh ??????   Prime is $119 a year and no one pays a Prime charge on every singe order.  So, I can't even wrap my mind around Op's story.  She's confused about something.   I have Prime and I can't imagine life without it but I use my Prime.  I order a lot of things.  I order groceries, I watch videos, I listen to music; so, it's well worth the $119 yearly charge.

@chrystaltree

Reread the OP. Poster doesn’t state a Prime charge on every single order. 

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree  I'm not confused.  It's the yearly fee that was automatically applied to my bill.  I know there had been an increase.  I was just asking if paying $10.00 a month for free s/h is worth it.  I don't do the streaming, books, music or other services , just place a couple of orders a month.  Nothing I've bought recently from Amazon has been so much less than brick and mortar stores near me.  Thank you for your concern.

Trusted Contributor

Seems Prime is worth the cost only if you use lots of video services from amazon.  I order many items but use no other services, so I would lose money big time using Prime.  I can pay for lots of shipping for far less than $129/year, and I usually pay zero for shipping anyway since I just wait and place orders totaling more than $25.  Nothing is so important that I require delivery in 2 days for pete's sake.  On that note, nobody and nothing is so important that I must talk on my phone or text while driving.  I wait until I am at home to communicate with others, just as I have done for 70+ years.  I fear leaving this crazy world to my grandchildren. 

Super Contributor

I' ve only been a Prime member since October 2018....before that I always rec'd the few orders I placed within 3 days and I was fine with it....but I finally gave in and subscribed to Prime and Netflix - and now Prime got me with the unlimited music for 3mths free, then $7.99/mth....I bought two fire sticks and an Echo device and really love them....I watch Netflix more and really do not understand why the extra Prime charge for a lot of their services (movies, music, books) - I just think a lot of that should be included in the Prime fee...I will evaluate whether I keep it come renewal time also....but definitely if you feel that you are not utilizing it, then you should cancel.

Trusted Contributor

If you are only using Prime for orders it is not worth the $126 charge.

Often when you shop Amazon you can get free shipping if you spend a certain $ amount anyway.  If you actually ran through all of your Amazon purchases for the past year how many were over $35 which is around the Free shipping mark anyway.  You may find it wasn't even worth it.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

If you are only using Prime for orders it is not worth the $126 charge.

Often when you shop Amazon you can get free shipping if you spend a certain $ amount anyway.  If you actually ran through all of your Amazon purchases for the past year how many were over $35 which is around the Free shipping mark anyway.  You may find it wasn't even worth it.

I'll keep Prime.  We order a lot.  I now get my groceries through Prime Whole foods.  Happy I don't have to drive out to the supermarket.

Honored Contributor

I am totally out of the loop - I've used Amazon maybe 5-6 times ever....I understand that some people are very busy or unable to get out and shop for themselves....for me and dh....we would never use it, unless we decide to ditch cable and then I will have to school my self on life with out cable TV and learn about streaming

Respected Contributor

Amazon Prime is worth it even if we only used it for ordering items. The $119 charge is more than covered by the savings in shipping. We order a lot from Amazon. The majority of the time the prices are lower then what is offered elsewhere. Shipping is fast and if there is a problem(we have had one problem in all the years we have been Prime members) CS is great!  Then there are all the extras you can tap into if you so desire. Shows, music, movies, etc.  Give up Prime...Never!

Esteemed Contributor

No Prime for me.

I was out at the 20% increase to $99.00 a while back.

Amazon had free shipping before and after Christmas, which I took advantage of. Stocked up on previous purchases as well as a few gifts. I use Amazon mostly to ship items to DS overseas, as they ship to APO addresses and he loves his Amazon. I buy previously used books as well. Low prices justify the small shipping charges.

IF I need something more, DS and DDIL have prime, so I ask them to order and ship to me, as I used to do for them. I don't use the peripherals nor do I order often enough to split the Prime membership with them.