Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat Today

Did you have a nice birthday @I am still oxox ?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Have you been home trying to get better or have you been working while sick @lolakimono ? 

Honored Contributor

Oooh I just scanned items recently on air and got a look at the denim jacket with ruffles.  Looks like a cat did the whammy (some folks call it making biscuits) on it. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I have started to wake up with the "Spring" cough, it is going to be an interesting allergy season. I have been lucky the past few years.

I have a great allergist and I am on several year round meds, 

@lolakimono wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am sitting on the sofa looking out the window and I could swear I see little red buds on our favorite tree, it has been a pretty warm Winter here with very little snow

@I am still oxox 

Ditto.

I have been having allergic episodes from my shots (I go every other week), so they've been having to drop down the exposure each time.  They automatically drop it down during allergy "season" (mine are all year) and my allergist said yesterday that the dust mites are causing people a lot of problems, probably due to the mild weather.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

i have been getting cotton camis at GAP... the sister to BR!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Have you been home trying to get better or have you been working while sick @lolakimono ? 

@Bird mama 

Working while sick.

If you read my college thread a few weeks ago in CC, I have a special dude I am trying to get into college on a full ride.  HE was sick, and then I went to his parents' house to help them fill out the FAFSA on his germy computer.  Then the next day I spent like three hours with him at school (on his computer) filling out a scholarship application for my department, that required a personal writing sample limited to 650 words.

The next day I went to the Sat. symposium and woke up with the scratchy throat.

I have sick days that I can use, but after three I need a doctor's note.  I could have seen the doctor immediately, but I figured they would say that it's a virus and to drink liquids and take a decongestant.  I did take two half "sick" days, one to take he and his mom on a college visit and the other to miss professional development.  The kids had an early dismissal, so I didn't need to have a sub and write plans, so I came home to take a nap and power through the week until I could make it to Presidents' Day.  

Our subbing situation is in a crisis level, such that many of our outside PDs have been canceled so that teachers are not out of the building.  This year they did raise the pay a bit, but it's been the same rate for approximately 30 years, and shockingly people aren't lining up to sub in high school.  This marking period I am going to be out for 5 days between meetings and trips.  To compare, I have missed exactly one day with students, because I was required to attend my department chair meeting off campus.  We should have had one again in December, but they canceled due to the sub crisis. 

This year they pulled our one "permanent" building sub to be the sub coordinator.  He's doing a great job, so there are fewer times when I have to cover classes, but many times when my people call out at the last minute we get a patch job, so for three periods there will be three different subs.  They come from other buildings on campus, so sometimes they are late to class.  It's not ideal, but I know that when I spend six hours to write very detailed instructions and sub #1 walks off with the plans by mistake, it's a problem.  Many times I have left color coded packets only to find that they were never passed out, handed to the wrong class who couldn't complete them because the level was too high, etc.  Sometimes they don't even take attendance, so when I return I have emails from the parents about their kid skipping, when they were there in class but it wasn't reported.  It's a PITA, so even on my half dead days, I know that they are getting better instruction with me at 50% than with a sub at 100%, if that makes sense.  

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone!  We have had two snows here in East Tennessee this February and the daffodils have been blooming for weeks! Crazy weather. 

@PINKdogWOOD 

Glad you had a good week!

@lolakimono 

Glad you went to the doctor and hopefully you will feel better soon.  I like both jackets. Talbots has a yellow one but it's a little pricy. That lilac/lavender color seems popular this year. 

@Bird mama 

It's not unusual to see a few robins in the winter here but the last few weeks there have been dozens in my yard. We've been hearing two owls at night. They have such an eerie sound. It makes shivers down my spine!

@LTT1 

how exciting for you to move closer to your daughter and family- new adventures await!

For the first time ever, I ordered some of the D & Co "pork chop" pants! I ordered the Capri length which is a crop length on me. Since retiring, I've been trying to evaluate my wardrobe and  I needed casual pants so I took a chance on them. The waist is a little high but not uncomfortably so and the length is good. I ordered white, black, chocolate brown, and spring green. The fit in the thighs is very good and that's where I carry my weight. 

Last year, greeneyedlady started a thread on daisy prints and Talbots has a lot of them this season.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Style Sisters

A Belated Happy Birthday @I am still oxox  ...

Nothing new on the style front ... I  thought about ordering the SG TSV in the animal print, but didn't like the space of the print at all.  I may opt for the one on the Crew, but am in no hurry.   

I received the LTS D&B and l like it ... especially that it's brand spanking new and not a return.   We're heading to New Orleans and Florida in May and I think I'll break it out then.

Still waiting for my AW orders from Carolyn's last visit.

Bright sun today ... think I'd better dust!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I like the GAP jacket!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama @PINKdogWOOD

My DH keeps giving me the eagle eye because I haven't even started our taxes yet ... heck, it's still February.