Honored Contributor

Since so many threads were shut down, I’m more than hesitant to post. I’m also noticing very few new topics on the forums I usually visit, so I’m not alone in that thinking.

The mods may have taken away what I feel was my freedom to express myself because others could not do so without bashing. There’s such a fine line between “bashing” and “opinions”.

What can I say about not liking a host’s or vendor’s presentation without it not sounding snarky? If I think pricing of a clothing brand is out sight, is that out of line as well? I feel that only glowing compliments are acceptable or chit chat about current events...comments I can make elsewhere.

This is the QVC’s forums, yes they have rules & regulations, but my opinions, positive or negative, should be welcomed here without fear of being censored. We need to be able to disagree with eachother’s opinions. After all, we don’t all have the same views. Second and third thinking every word before expressing it to decide how it will be perceived by someone reading my post makes it tedious, not free flowing and not the fun experience it used to be before the huge “shut down”.

So, before I felt badly for those who left the forums because they were actually ganged up on or thought they were. Now I’m sure many posters will leave because the joy of free thinking and expression has become a chore and not worth the effort. 

What are your thoughts about this new development?

Respected Contributor

I seriously don't have an opinion one way or another.

There is life after the Q forum.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I think the threads that were shut down should have been shut down.  Most were written by the same person complaining about the same thing over and over again.  I think the mods have a tough job, and QVC's forum standards are very clear.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It is unfortunate that there are several posters who just live to start a fight and get personal and extremely mean. Once they start then a pile on against someone starts. And those are brutal and always very personal.What other choice do the mods have?

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I think the threads that were shut down should have been shut down.  Most were written by the same person complaining about the same thing over and over again.  I think the mods have a tough job, and QVC's forum standards are very clear.

@NickNack.  I agree with this post 100%.

Honored Contributor

@151949  took the words  out of my mouth

I know for one sometimes I read posts here that are just down right obusive, disgusting, harmful, hurtful, ugly and for those of us who've been here for years know this is true and we know who these posters are.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I seriously don't have an opinion one way or another.

There is life after the Q forum.  Heart

@Just Bling  Does that mean you are leaving?

Honored Contributor

I wonder if people do this because it makes them feel some how superior to the poor person they are attacking?It definitely takes on a mob mentality once the pile ons start.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

People have a tendency to start multiple threads looking for attention

@NickNack wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It is unfortunate that there are several posters who just live to start a fight and get personal and extremely mean. Once they start then a pile on against someone starts. And those are brutal and always very personal.What other choice do the mods have?

@151949  What about the fact that these posters are still here. Any and all threads can go downhill and be shut down? It seems those that are continually causing fights and a negative impact, should be banned temporarily or permanently. That makes more sense that all of us looking over our shoulders.