Valued Contributor

A weight sucess story, dont stop trying..

My husband 1 1/2  years ago was 543 lbs.Not able to have gastric surgery. For health reasons.One day my precious sweet Husband of 25 years decided he wanted to be part of life not a side  viewer.He started eating only at home , taking healthy foods and snacks ,walking every where.It has been painful  at times .Today no  medical weight loss or special diets, my sweetie is 289!wearing a 2x instead of 6 x ,looking like a movie star...Please if you are facing this challenge dig deep ,it is a struggle ,I watched. Please don't give up ,one foot in front of the other...One day at a time,be kind to yourself... Sending you that little push, honey ain't no shame in anybody's game!  Hugs...MaryAnne

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A weight sucess story, dont stop trying..

@Still keeper of the koi   Amazing!!!! Congrats to your hubby!

Honored Contributor

You are a sweetheart for helping and encouraging your DH instead of shaming him. Keep up the encouragement. Bless you.

Respected Contributor

That is fantastic! I applaud your sweet husband. Good job!

Honored Contributor

Kudos to him, a job well done and you are great for being so supportive!

Valued Contributor

In my excitement to share,the best part..From12 meds to 2...Blood pressure fine ,kidney function perfect, heart fine ...This from a life expectancy of a few years!...Sundays dish for the games with friends..Buffalo  cauliflower , celery ,and baked stuffed tomatoes is his contribution. I love his zest for life,makes him a winner!.Thanks ,I will pass along your kudos,he will love it...Hugs,MaryAnne 

Trusted Contributor

Good for both of you and Congrats!  It's not easy at all but you are right, it can be done!

There is a new radio ad out, it starts out talikng about a car...If you could only have one in ;your life what would it be and how you would you care for it...well...then gets into how we only have one body, one life..why don't we take care of it the way we would if it were that car...Kind of made me think a bit...

Honored Contributor

What a HERO!  This takes so much courage and determination.

Congratulations &’ Best Wishes To DH!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Inspiring, congratulations to the movie star and his wife!

Honored Contributor

Congrats to your husband and to you too because he could not have done it without you.  I'm sure of that.  But I take issue that with the idea that he didn't do anything special.  Reversing his life long poor eating habits; learning to eat healthy foods, sticking with it even when the going got tough....there was nothing easy about that.  That took a lot of work and perseverance.  It was an amazing job.  But everyone can't lose weight that way, that's just a fact and it's wrong to suggest that there is only one way to lose weight.  There's a place for Wls and meal replacement diets and even extreme dieting; everyone has their own unique health history, lifelstyle and personality.  The important thing is that people find what works for them and have a support system (which your husband obviously had) and then take it one day at a time.  There is no "one size fits all" way to lose weight.