Honored Contributor

A warning would have been nice..

So...  hubby is shampooing the carpets in the front of the house and the hallway.  Which is wonderful!  However he didn't tell me and now he's saying "stay off the carpet until I say it's ok".   He can be a perfectionist so I'm trapped here until I get the ok.  He's going to do the walls too.  Happy he's doing Fall cleaning but I didn't have breakfast and I am starved!  

Frequent Contributor

Re: A warning would have been nice..

@chrystaltree wrote:

So...  hubby is shampooing the carpets in the front of the house and the hallway.  Which is wonderful!  However he didn't tell me and now he's saying "stay off the carpet until I say it's ok".   He can be a perfectionist so I'm trapped here until I get the ok.  He's going to do the walls too.  Happy he's doing Fall cleaning but I didn't have breakfast and I am starved!  

So, your husband is shampooing your carpets & then will do the walls without even being told & you are complaining?  Or are you in a round about way bragging about it?  And you are missing breakfast?  Don't worry you will be fine.  I believe you have shared more than a couple of times with us that you are size 1X.

And before you say that this is mean, if memory serves me correctly, I am just following your lead.  I have read many of your posts.  

Super Contributor

It could take hours to dry. I agree a warning would be nice, and polite. I would wash walls first, then carpet. When ever I have to stay "trapped", like you say I think of all the people in jail and how it must be. I would try to leave the house and say "have fun"!

Honored Contributor

@dimin wrote:

It could take hours to dry. I agree a warning would be nice, and polite. I would wash walls first, then carpet. When ever I have to stay "trapped", like you say I think of all the people in jail and how it must be. I would try to leave the house and say "have fun"!

Yup...   I was going to say why don't you do the walls first and then the carpets but I decided to just be grateful and let him do it his way.  We usually have a cleaning service come in for Fall and Spring cleaning.  He is saving money.  And now he's done!  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Just becareful you don't slip!!!

Honored Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

So, your husband is shampooing your carpets & then will do the walls without even being told & you are complaining?  Or are you in a round about way bragging about it?  And you are missing breakfast?  Don't worry you will be fine.  I believe you have shared more than a couple of times with us that you are size 1X.

And before you say that this is mean, if memory serves me correctly, I am just following your lead.  I have read many of your posts.  

@BarbieDollToo 

WOW

That is one of the rudest posts I have ever read.

You don't care for some of the OP's posts and you think the best answer is to one-up her?

SMH

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@BarbieDollToo 

WOW

You don't care for some of the OP's posts and you think the best answer is to one-up her?

SMH

@RespectLife wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@BarbieDollToo 

WOW

SMH

@RespectLife  It was beyond rude. It makes me sad to see women attempting to humiliate other women. Don't we have enough to deal with, already? Glad @chrystaltree handled it with a laugh. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

well said.....

Honored Contributor

Wear a pair of clean socks if he's worried you will make it dirty or is he concerned about footprints.  The vacuum cleaner will take them out.

Don't understand your husband's thinking on this one. 

I'd warn my husband, I'm walking on it anyway.  Not waiting several hours to get my coffee.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Wow, what a great husband you have. My husband does absolutely NOTHING 24 hours a day. Never helps unless I ASK.....is that what you would rather have?