Contributor

To all the special ladies who gave great, heartfelt advice to my 'Over run with clothing' post asking for advice on how and where to start the process of purging. Thank you for the time you took to give your honest suggestions. It is greatly appreciated!! Blessings to you all 💗👍

Valued Contributor

Re: A very special thank you

[ Edited ]

Which suggestion or suggestions did you take?

I need help, too.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@countrylady @I didn’t see the other thread but my advice would be to stop buying things and start wearing what you have.Any time you put on something that doesn’t make you feel great or look great immediately put it in the donation bag.I always have one in my closet getting ready to donate.

Regular Contributor

Every time I switch clothes over in my closets from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter I try EVERYTHING on and if it doesn't look or feel good on my body out it goes!  When I'm running late I want to know that whatever I pull out of my closet fits and there isn't a problem with it.

I am going to look for the original thread because I'd like to see what comments were made.  I am good at purging, but I'd like to see if there is anything I could learn.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@D5799 wrote:

To all the special ladies who gave great, heartfelt advice to my 'Over run with clothing' post asking for advice on how and where to start the process of purging. Thank you for the time you took to give your honest suggestions. It is greatly appreciated!! Blessings to you all 💗👍

So nice of YOU to post a thank you as well @D5799.

I read the advice on your thread in the Fashion board. Very helpful.

Contributor

@Lainey59 @dex 

Great ideas! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@dex 

@dex wrote:

@countrylady @I didn’t see the other thread but my advice would be to stop buying things and start wearing what you have.Any time you put on something that doesn’t make you feel great or look great immediately put it in the donation bag.I always have one in my closet getting ready to donate.

I didn't see the other post either, this is actually very good and practical advice. I've been doing this the last year or so. Took many things to consignment too. But yes, have that donation bag at the ready. I even ask my husband to do the same with his closet and armoire.  I'm getting pickier and less impulsive too at the B&M stores. 

⚓️
Contributor

Hello, I started with donating to a church that holds once a month free clothing days for anyone to come in and take items they want.  I have a long way to go but can't wait to be less burdened from too much clothing I don't need or wear.   

Contributor

@D5799 wrote:

Hello, I started with donating to a church that holds once a month free clothing days for anyone to come in and take items they want.  I have a long way to go but can't wait to be less burdened from too much clothing I don't need or wear.   

Good start @D5799! One step at a time. Smiley Happy