Valued Contributor
Respected Contributor

I was so disappointed as we had a bunch of clouds here.  But then they all cleared and I got to see this!  Used binoculars out on my deck.

I just love the moon/stars/planets events!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

For those who missed it (Christmas Star) - I read that it will be happening all week.

Valued Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

For those who missed it (Christmas Star) - I read that it will be happening all week.

Fabulous!!!!! I love anything to do with astronomy!!!! Was this the star the 3 wisemen followed!!!!!! Is this why they call it The Christmas Star?? Heart

Valued Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I was so disappointed as we had a bunch of clouds here.  But then they all cleared and I got to see this!  Used binoculars out on my deck.

I just love the moon/stars/planets events!

Me too!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Fabulous!!!!! I love anything to do with astronomy!!!! Was this the star the 3 wisemen followed!!!!!! Is this why they call it The Christmas Star?? Heart

@emmygrace.  No, they say not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: A very special night!

[ Edited ]

I just read that this "Christmas Star"

which is the planet Jupiter and Saturn coming so close together has only happened 2 times since the middle ages, and not since 800 years ago!

You can see it in the southwest part of the sky.

Though it might not be as impressive as we might expect, it is fun to see and know we got to see it!

I found it to the left of the moon looking like a shining star🌟 

The last time it could be seen (these 2 planets this close) was March 4, 1226!

This picture is pretty foggy, but I think this shows pretty much what it looks like as shared by someone on twitter (and you don't need to have twitter to see people's photos).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

A special nigth it is. We saw it on Oahu ,Hawaii. Fascinating .