Valued Contributor

A sweet sign and a bit of me...

[ Edited ]

I am  a sap..God only knows I love my plants,so,in the fall like a fevered soul myself and every person in my reach starts digging ,up come the palms,bannana trees and everything that can be potted comes in...The pond elephant ears are pulled out dried and big pots of  peat are filled with giant bulbs.They feel like old friends! Hey don't laugh I have hibiscus blooming in my house far north for christmas!We had lots of people for Christmas.3 stories up in 3 spare bedrooms ,I had a jungle.After The New Year down they come filling up the dinning room ,sitting room and every huge window was loaded! Why am I telling you this? Early this morning  after a watering  frenzy,I leaned over a huge potted palm,what smells so sweet,I know that smell, my mind now wanders, I smell like hay , and kitten milk,it is not me...Upon further looking,am I seeing things?A beautiful purple hyacinth blooming like it was spring!One perfect bloom. I can imagine my dear mil last fall finding  this bulb, slipping in a pot ,knowing someone would be surprised. She was that unexpected prize I would find to inspire myself.Thank you for those who loved her from my stories.It is because of her I am writing this book.She made me hope ,believe and she taught me to love,not for  myself but to bring glory to the creator  of all.Along the way I found Grace, Amazing Grace,,the song I often sing to myself through the day.How could you love me?

So maybe we meet on Friday each week ,I share my journey,you tell  me yours?You can be part of this with me?Sending you that beautiful sweet hyacinth hope...hugs,Maryanne

Trusted Contributor

Re: A sweet sign and a bit of me...

@Still keeper of the koi

This is beautiful. You truly are a gifted person. God is evident in your life, I can only hope I can share Him in a similar way! I guess if you're a sap, I am too. LOL I tend to my plants as if they are babies, too. I have a greenhouse, but, it is unheated, so during the cold snaps I bring everything in, then when it warms I take it back. I am always looking for some poor plant to dig up and save. I have MANY pots of trees and shrubs that I've "rescued". Now, Lord, I just need more acreage to plant it all! God bless you, Maryanne, you are a treasure.❤🌳

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi I got chills when I read your mention of a purple hyacinth. This is what my darling granddaughter brought me this evening. I have had a very bad night and day,she had no idea jof this. She just bought it and brought it to me. IMG_20180113_222122_hdr.jpg

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@MoJoV, I hope today finds you well,I prayed for peace in your name last nite. I pictured you being shown a glimpse of his beautiful plan in that perfect hyacinth. I do believe that we are sent these signs strange you and I received exactly the same,just think ,it really isn't this flowers time,it isn't available in this frigid weather ,unless it  is a plan....You are such a treasured ,dear friend,you have held me up at trying times,let me continue to hold you up.You can do this by knowing your name is written in my little book,I stop at tiimes through the day ,and send prayer of hope and the wish of endless love..You are blessed with such caring people around,light is always the promise of night..Sending you love,hugs dear one...MaryAnne

Valued Contributor

@KitTkat, If wealth is measured in the blessings of dear friends,I am wealthy.You bless my life with your words...I hope sharing our journeys enrichesall of our lives.We are all more alike than different. Hope is the thing that gives us life,love adds the shine.Thank you special friend for shining  your beautiful light into the world...My love and hugs,you are precious,MaryAnne