Esteemed Contributor

Re: A sweater i knitted this winter...

@itsmagic wrote:

Beautiful sweater!  I always admire people who can knit something as complicated as a sweater.  All I can knit is a dishcloth or a scarf. 

@itsmagic 

You're up on me, I don't even have the first clue on even how to knit!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I admire and respect anyone who can do anything with their hands because I know the time and talent it takes.

I have a best friend who knits afghans, sweaters, hats, etc for me when someone I know (or have even met) is having a baby.

I pay her for making them for me.  I just give her the basic colors of the nursery for the baby and she uses her imagination and comes up with some really neat ideas.

I've mentioned this here before.  My other friend and I eat out all of the time so we have become friends with various waitresses.  One in particular got married and then was pregnant.  We went through the journey with her each week.  

She made the baby's room a Superman theme.  My knitting friend found the exact colors of Superman's outfit (cape, etc).  She knitted the afghan, tiny sweater and even found a Superman onsie!  I have pictures of the girl holding it (her name is Katie).

Another she did for my daughter's friend was in gray's (various shades).  It was the theme of 'clouds'.  It was amazing.

One recently was (again in various shades of gray??) What's that about?  She made a beautiful sweater, hate and afghan in yellows, greens, with creme colors and gray (sounds weird but it was amazing and since they didn't know the sex of the baby it was perfect).

I won't bore you with the others but you get the idea.  @Tweety68  Your sweater is beautiful!  You are really talented.  

Please continue to share with us the various things you've made.  Perhaps it will click with someone and you might be responsible for getting them back into knitting.

I used to crochet scarves for a friend's church thermol unit in the Winter.  They were very colorful.  I also made a huge afghan for my little sister to take to work.  She worked at a Hospice place.  It was kept there for patients to cheer them up.  The colors were various colors of crayola crayons.

People who visited the patients wanted me to make one for them.  My sister told them "My sister said she felt like God had given her the talent to make this just for the Hospice.  These colors will never be repeated".

As far as I know, it's still there.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 @Well done and beautiful.Your dh will be warm and handsome in his new sweater.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68  It's beautiful. You are a very talented lady.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The pattern and colors are so pretty!  I can see the time and love which went into this lovely sweater!

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift you made for your DH.  I am sure it will warm his heart as well as keep the chill off him whenever he wears it.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68.  You should be very proud of your work as it's a beautiful piece of work.  Wonderful color thst will blend with everything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety68 - The sweater is very pretty, love the pattern. I'm sure your husband will be toasty warm.

Honored Contributor

WOW!  That's beautiful!  I'm a knitter but could never tackle anything like that. Good work!

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 So nice....you did a great job.  My mom could also knit....I did not get the knitting gene from her...sadly.

I envy your talent.