Honored Contributor

A man and a woman just walked by....

The woman had her phone in her hand and he just walked along beside her.  My first thought was, once upon a time, they'd have probably walked by, hand in hand.  Maybe it's the lost romantic  in me.  I sometimes wish we could go back for one day of when we dated.  That would be so sweet.  

What might your first thought be to see a couple go by that way?

Honored Contributor

Re: A man and a woman just walked by....

[ Edited ]

First thought????  None really.  It's become the norm.  I do see elderly couples walking hand in hand and I would think to myself "how lovely, sweet, and enduring."  Connection with others is what we are lacking and missing in our lives.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

He was probably her brother, co-worker or just a friend.  Do all couples walking together have to be romantically involved?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

He was probably her brother, co-worker or just a friend.  Do all couples walking together have to be romantically involved?

Of course not.  But in my mind, around here, probably.  50/50 shot.

Valued Contributor

I think people in our company deserve our undivided attention.  I dislike phones for this reason.  People are missing so much pleasure and so much of life with their nose in their phones.

Honored Contributor

It's the scourge of our time - everyone looking down at their phone all the time.  They can't live without it, or so it seems.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't have thought anything.  Sounds like a normal couple to me.  Adult couples don't go through life holding hands, rubbing each other's backs and French kissing in public like Harry and Megan or Courtney and Travis.  It's been 38 years since our dating days but hubby and I never walked around holding hands.  Honestly, romance and love are not about holding hands.

Respected Contributor

I once saw elderly couples who walked arm-in-arm as a romantic gesture. Now that I am doing it, I realize it is more about fall prevention. I rely on my husband anytime we are out of our home. The good news is that I have saved him from falling twice. There's all kinds of romance--even fall prevention. Neither of us would ever walk while talking on a phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

My first thought? People are with each each other, but not with each other.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Well you said that she had her phone in her hand but you didn't say that she was using it.  I just had an imagine in my head of a couple walking along together and the woman happened to be carrying a phone in her hand.