Honored Contributor

A lot of rain today, and I mean A LOT

They (weather people) projected 4-5 inches.  It's been raining almost nonstop all day so far.  SW MI.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A lot of rain today, and I mean A LOT

WOW!  Better than snow though!  We're getting showers tomorrow (MA).  Stay dry!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal They've already canceled the homecoming tailgate parties for WMU's football game. I'd be really suprised if that game goes on as planned with thunderstorms rolling thru. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

My friend in Central California would love some of that rain. Everything seems out of balance...rain where it isn’t needed, heat where it should be cool, fires out of control, hurricanes wreaking havoc. I may get zapped but climate change is real.

Esteemed Contributor

Flash thunderstorms this afternoon in central Midwest. Left as quickly as it came. 83 degrees before the storm. Dear Universe - Please don't let the Irish Festival be rained out tomorrow! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been raining most all day of every day for the last 2 weeks. Not a nice rain, but the hard roof banging type of rain. Haven't been able to mow our acreage and it is getting pretty tall and thick. 

Flood warnings for those a few miles East of us as they are right on the Missouri River that separates us from Iowa. Couple years back Interstate 29 was under water for miles and is still under repair.

Too much water for me, but our home is all uphill from the Mighty Mo, whole city would be under water if it ever made it to our place.

All day? I'll take that any day in a trade.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

That rain is to head towards southern West Virginia by late tomorrow, and we are ready for a good wet down.   

Esteemed Contributor

Raining up here all day, too.

Was hoping to get a weekend in up at the bridge before it sttarts to snow.

Respected Contributor

Yes! Western suburbs of Chicago, 6" and rain continues through early morning. Flash flood warnings are out. I do wish California had this to put out the flames.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy, We were up in that area about a month ago.  I love it up there!!