Honored Contributor

A food you will not cook in your house

[ Edited ]

Frying  eggs on the stove is a NO in my house.  When my husband frys an egg it stinks the entire house up for two days... I guess our 1980's exhaust fan is not too efficent  that is over the stove. Told DH to go and purchase and have installed a decent exhaust fan and he can fry away.. he is too lazy to do this so he never frys eggs anymore.  His choice. 

The smell of eggs for days makes me really sick feeling... so it is really for my MENTAL HEALTHWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: A food you will not cook in your house

any type of seafood

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never noticed an obnoxious smell from frying eggs.  I have taken to baking eggs though.

I won't deep fry food.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Frying  eggs on the stove is a NO in my house.  When my husband frys an egg it stinks the entire house up for two days... I guess our 1980's exhaust fan is not too efficent  that is over the stove. Told DH to go and purchase and have installed a decent exhaust fan and he can fry away.. he is too lazy to do this so he never frys eggs anymore.  His choice. 

I am not mean... just the smell of eggs for days makes me really nautious... so it is really for my MENTAL HEALTHWoman LOL

I feel the same way about scallops. They smell different to me than any other seafood. To me they smell like rotten fish. Even when DH orders them in a restaurant I find it diffucult to sit across from him.

Honored Contributor

No eggs or deep frying.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Liver - I'm lucky none of us like it.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Fish of any kind. Luckily neither of us eat fish. I won't cook liver either. Neither of us eat that either so no great loss.

Trusted Contributor

Smell of eggs cooking, bacon, also fish, most meat products will make me nauseated. 

Esteemed Contributor

🐠 

Respected Contributor

Kielbasa

Spam

Scrapple

Liver