Esteemed Contributor

Re: A fair warning about my feet

Talk about ugly feet then you should/should not look at mine!  I have Type 2 Diabetes and no matter how much I slather lotion (I have tried every brand on the market and even medicated cream) my feet are forever dry, dry, dry, and I even purchased the callous remover thingy that QVC sells, still no help!  About a year ago I woke up in the middle of the night and slammed my big toe into the end of the bed frame and the toe nail never quite grew back normal (I will spare you the details).  And to top that all off, I cannot stand to have my feet touched, even my diabetic doctor gets kicked when he does my foot exam, and FYI, the first time he took a look at my feet his facial expression said it all!

And you know you have ugly feet when your DH when quizzed about the one body part that is his least favorite on me, you guessed it my FEET, and this is a man who would say that I look beautiful in a potato sack Woman Embarassed.

I do not care though, every spring, fall & summer I wear my Birkenstocks proudly, and if someone does not like my feet, that is their problem!

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt My sister has a foot fetish, you can not even spell the word F O  O T, and she nearly has a panic attack, it is so funny and of course me being the big mouth that I am I always slip and say the "F" word, OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS!

Honored Contributor

Well, don't sit in the bathroom stall next to me anywhere in the PNW because I do look at people's toes and sometimes make a judgment 🤣😂🤣

Honored Contributor

CareBears wrote:

@chickenbutt My sister has a foot fetish, you can not even spell the word F O  O T, and she nearly has a panic attack, it is so funny and of course me being the big mouth that I am I always slip and say the "F" word, OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS!

Ha!  She sounds like she has an ANTI-foot fetish.  That's how I classify my disdain for feet.   I'm ok with seeing/hearing the word but I just don't want the visual - EVER.  

I don't even spend any more time looking at my own feet than I have to, in the course of keeping things in order (and smooth).   I always called mine 'Fred Flintstone' feet.  It's not that they are big (7.5C), but they are just a little goofy looking.   

Feet are just bizarre when you really think about it.  Smiley Happy  hehe