Honored Contributor

Re: A fair warning about my feet

I continue to get a basic pedicure every 6-8 weeks, to keep my feet looking decent, but I rarely ever get polish anymore.   Five years ago I couldn't wait for pedicures, just to change polish, but guess that has worn off for me now, as I have no interest at all in looking down to see brightly colored toenails.   

Honored Contributor

....as long as your feet are clean and the nails nice filed, I don't think anyone will even notice your feet.

Honored Contributor

I'm another one of those who is not overly thrilled to see any feet, including mine.  Hubby and I have a joke that there is a certain kind of man, almost always "crunchy-organic", who loves to display his feet at every opportunity.

To me, that is not appealing.  Give me a Brooks Brothers guy, old school, buttoned up and circumspectly wing-tipped, every time...

Honored Contributor

The other night my D H thought I was using a cheese grater on my feet.  Actually, the hand held gizmo I use to remove dead skin does look a lot like the grater in our kitchen drawer.

Honored Contributor

Hasn't anybody tried "Yoga Toes"®   ?????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

As long as you can't use one foot to exfoliate the other........you are OK.......Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I will be out in Washington state wearing sandals that show off my less than pretty feet.I hope that nobody is traumatized but I am certain there will be no severely lasting side effects.I won't feel bad if you have better looking feet to display.

With the weather here, you shouldn't need to wear sandals.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

great post! I can't reach my toes to polish them & my poor husband has helped clip my nails since my knee surgery last year..can't ask him to do anymore 😊

I have the world's worst hammer toe to add to my dilemma of only having 1 pair of sandals to wear this summer..

Honored Contributor

Yes, I also have horrible feet. My toes are nice but my heels are awful! I only wear sandals that cover up my heels. Which, thank goodness, are easy to find! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I don't care if toes are or aren't polished.  My feet are ugly but they are clean.  If others don't like it, too bad.