Honored Contributor

Re: A busybody gets her comeuppance!

Karma to "Gladys Kravitz".

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My sharp as a tack mother would have gone to the busy body's house after dark.  When BB answered the door, my mother would have said, "Why weren't you at my funeral?"

bravo @Mz iMac  I almost lost my coffee.  My mom would have done that!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Karma to "Gladys Kravitz".

ABner, Abner 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!!

My ex reported me deceased to the Geni website last year, I had to jump through hoops to get their website updated.  I'm surprised realtors didn't start banging on my door!! Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian

that is funny story - glad your mom has a good sense of humor (and is alive and kicking, as we say🙂).

The rumors and wrong info travels by the "speed of light" in our over-55 community - 2 funny things come to mind which just happened w/in last 2 weeks:

1. My husband died.  dear lord not a person called to offer me condolences (I had no idea he died😉) YET when he showed up for his golf game the people were like "OMG you're alive we heard you died"! 

Reality:Our last name rhymes with the guy who did die! It's been a rumor now for weeks!!! Growing everyday!

2.  At a card game last week one of the ladies said "Oh my im so sorry to hear about "so&so" dying. Can't believe his children are not here". 

Me: What??? That's not right I saw them at lunch today & his wife in the clubhouse.

Her: no you're wrong he died Tuesday!

Reality:  The Sheriff was parked outside of their house because of a domestic violence call for the next door neighbor!!! The neighbors were arrested 😳🙄at 87 years old beating on each other drunk) ....but, right away the "Gladys Kravitz" of our neighborhood rumored the wrong thing.

I just laugh & shake my head! Everyday it's a new doozie!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1, when your husband showed up to golf, he should  have asked for a couple of holes in one to celebrate that he showed up!

Esteemed Contributor

If these stories were not so pathetic, they would be hilarious!  

I "met" a couple yesterday, "glad to meet you, etc" and I've known them well over a year and was in a group with the wife.  Been out of circulation while I was sick and so soon forgotten!

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

The other day, my mother received a letter addressed "to the family of....." It was from a local realtor. The letter expressed condolences on the loss of our mother and offered their services to sell her house. My mother called the realtor to tell her the reports of her death were greatly exaggerated (to paraphrase Mark Twain). The realtor was stunned, apologized profusely, and told my mother that Mrs. X was the source of her information.

Mrs. X is the busybody of my mother's neighborhood, the gossip of all gossips. My mother, still sharp as a tack, figured out what had happened. Mom had a TIA (mini stroke) at the beginning of the previous week. An ambulance came to her home and took her to the hospital. Thankfully all went well. Later that week, the whole family came to Mom's home to celebrate her 95th birthday party. The gossip assumed my mother had died and the cars were the funeral attendees. The big-mouth spread the word that my mother had died.

My mother called her busybody neighbor, who was totally embarrassed by her faux pas. She apologized to Mom ad nauseum and was clearly mortified by her mistake. Nevertheless, despite her comeuppance, the town gossip will likely not have learned her lesson.

@Vivian

I don't know about you, but I would tell that realtor that she had the wrong name.  Give her Busybody's name as a replacement!  you're welcome.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac That is the best reply.Thanks for a fabulous laugh.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

the guys he golfs with were probably disappointed since he is a great golfer (#2 in the club standings) and he beats them every week for their $$$!!!! Lol

Im not sure what is handicap is but I know it's low - I have no idea about golf as I'm not a golfer!