Honored Contributor

A Trip to Kohls

[ Edited ]

I haven't been shopping since late July last year when we have our one weekend state tax-free weekend for Back to School.  Last year, the dressing rooms were closed so I didn't get the jeans I normally buy that weekend to replenish my supply.  I absolutely cannot buy pants or jeans without trying them on first.  

So, the other day, I did an errand run while hubby was out having lunch with his friend and Kohls was one of my stops.  It was not to be a full-on shopping trip.  My goal was new PJ's since the Vera Wang pair I bought there a few years ago was getting some holes in them.  Of course, I also knew it's a bit late in the year for shopping for summer PJ's.  They never seem to have a big selection in the first place.

I get to the store and head directly to the PJ department.  Pickings were slim, but I did find a pair of bottoms I liked, but no tops that would match.  All I really needed was a lightweight Tee in grey to match. So, I start looking around the store to see if I could find one.  I finally found one I thought MIGHT do, but I decided to check the Juniors dept. and found just the T.  Of course, along the way, I happened to find a new purse on sale.  I also had a 30% coupon, so the $89 purse ended up costing me $29.50.  The PJ's and Tee came to $29.40.  And no S/H charge.  

I also noticed that the dressing rooms in my store are now open, but the jeans selection is woefully inadequate.  In fact, another lady in the store stopped me and mentioned the same thing about the jeans.  

PJs.jpgStone & Co. Purse.jpg

Respected Contributor

I love Kohl’s and made my first “try on” 

visit last weekend.  I think I read here that fitting rooms were open.  I found some Lee capris and shorts for work and two graphic tees, but selection remains limited compared to normal. It was fun though! 

Honored Contributor

Shipping may be slow and you'll probably have to pay for it, but at least QVC has plentiful merchandise from which to choose. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Shipping may be slow and you'll probably have to pay for it, but at least QVC has plentiful merchandise from which to choose. 

@Kachina624 All of QVC's jeans have way too much spandex in them.  I hate jeans with a lot of stretch because they won't stay in place on me.  I'm continually having to pull them up.  Also, s/h + tax makes most stuff too expensive except Clearance which is then sometimes reasonable.  

I'm willing to pay more for a truly quality piece, but that's not what I'm seeing on Q.  It's also not what I expect to get at Kohls.

Super Contributor

I have been thinking about going to Kohls soon, so I am happy to hear the fitting rooms are open. I don't think I have been there since Christmas!  I really like those pjs and also the purse. I feel a major shopping spree coming on.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    You're seeing what the majority of customer want.  I personally dislike jeans that are stiff, without stretch. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess You scored big time, love the purse!!!!!!!!    ENJOY your goodies.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess    You're seeing what the majority of customer want.  I personally dislike jeans that are stiff, without stretch. 

@Kachina624 I understand that, but it's not what I want.  The perfect pair of jeans for me is a pair I shimmy into, have a little trouble zipping while standing, and once they're zipped, I do one deep knee squat, and they're perfect.  The other problem with the Q jeans is the legs are too skinny.  I have difficulty getting into most boots from the major manufacturers too, so if the jeans look good on the host, I know they will be too tight on the legs for me, which contributes to the problem of them scooching down all the time.

Contributor

Dressing rooms not open this past weekend when I went to Kohl's in Pa. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I was at Kohl's today too!   Like your new purse.  

I had $15.00 Kohl's Cash and 20%.  I got two cute tops that were on Clearance, two OPI nail polishes, a Scentworx body lotion and the cutest pink baby booties.  All were on clearance.  I also got a Lug CanCan bag that was on clearance.  I only spent $41.00!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward