Honored Contributor

A Text, A Call Can Mean So Much

I received a text this morning from someone I care about very much. Someone who is truly supportive in my life.

I'm going through an extremely difficult situation, and every sincere gesture of kindness and support means so much.

Even if we all don't know what to say, you never know how much just reaching out can mean to someone else. Especially these days, and especially for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Re: A Text, A Call Can Mean So Much

@Greeneyedlady21  I was debating with myself to wish an old friend a happy Thanksgiving via text and your post prompted me to do so.  I have been sort of on the outs with her...she's very negative towards me so I have cooled the friendship a bit still wish her well.

It's nice to have gotten a supportive message.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

Re: A Text, A Call Can Mean So Much

@Greeneyedlady21 

Thank you! I was just trying to think of what to say to someone who this holiday will be another first without his wife, their mother. So I will.

and I hope there are happier, more peaceful days ahead for you,

for us all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I have a friend in NJ (I live in Southeast) who I regulary check in with, even before the pandemic.  She never married and no children.  She lived and took care of her Mother who passed about 10 years ago.  After her Mom's passing, she'd spend holidays with her brother.  He's married and now has grandkids which my friend adores.  But they haven't seen each other since Covid hit.  I know it gets lonely for her.  We were texting last night, and I know she likes to text, but I also know she likes to hear someone's voice once in a while too.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

My heart goes out to you during your "extremely difficult situation" you're experiencing.

My heartfelt wish and hope for you, is that this situation is short lived and comes to the best conclusion possible.

{{{HUGS}}}Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  You are so right! Just last week I reached out to a former co-worker that retired a while ago to see how he was doing.  It had been a few months since we exchanged emails.  Well low and behold, I found out his wife is very ill, again. 

But sending that one email allowed him to open up and vent about this difficult time.  We've been in contact since, and I think it helps him.  We all need to remember that a simple email or phone call can do so much for someone who might be struggling.

With that said, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and an extra slice of your favorite pie!  🙂

~LdyBugz

Esteemed Contributor

You are so right, @Greeneyedlady21. Thank you for the reminder.

I just texted two more people are Happy Thanksgiving. I want them to know I'm thinking of them. 

I hope you have a bessed day as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got a call from my son this morning....we talked for an hour!  Texted with my daughter.  A call from a dear cousin and texts from two friends who live far away.  I feel very blessed and thankful.

Super Contributor

I hope knowing you are loved helps you have a great day. You're so right it is the little things that make such a difference...Blessings

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

"One day someone is going to hug you so tight all of your broken pieces fit back together.”
-- Unknown

I hope that happens soon.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.