Honored Contributor

Re: A SEASON TO BELIEVE 🎄☃️🎅

Amazon.com: Taco Tuesday Finger Puppet Board Book for Little Taco Lovers,  Ages 1-4 (Finger Puppet Book): 9781680527124: Cottage Door Press, Brick  Puffington, Cottage Door Press, Amy Blay: Books

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

New thread has been posted - March Into Spring.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did morn chores as best as i could

did wash folded and put away

did get a small walk in this morn.

it was a frosty morn today even had a touch of fog this morn. cold wind off ocean today. brilliant sunshine. ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

@possummink 

Thank you, it was very uncomfortable not having furnace, failed twice and after the Saturday failure they got me going and on Monday came out and replaced the mother board. It is Tuesday and I am still warm. 

Yesterday with a warm home I did some much needed housework but today I needed to just sit in my chair and listen to a book. 

Wednesday

I just got online and noticed I forgot to hit the post button yesterday. I was so tired I must of fallen asleep, ha. Will post it today. My Scottish friend walked slowly around the lake with me this morning, it is encouraging that I made it without running out of breath. Just finished steam cleaning my floors. Going to take a nap now but will hit post first!

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

@possummink 

Thank you, it was very uncomfortable not having furnace, failed twice and after the Saturday failure they got me going and on Monday came out and replaced the mother board. It is Tuesday and I am still warm. 

Yesterday with a warm home I did some much needed housework but today I needed to just sit in my chair and listen to a book. 

Wednesday

I just got online and noticed I forgot to hit the post button yesterday. I was so tired I must of fallen asleep, ha. Will post it today. My Scottish friend walked slowly around the lake with me this morning, it is encouraging that I made it without running out of breath. Just finished steam cleaning my floors. Going to take a nap now but will hit post first!

@hullie 

Hullie,  I am glad you were able to take that walk around the lake.  Don't overdo, just listen to what your body needs.    I am glad you have warmth in your home now.

Sassy started a new thread  "March Into Spring"  so come over to that thread.  

Am heading to my favorite pizza place to pick up their supreme pizza which will last me for several days.  I just heat the slices up slowly in a cast iron skillet to keep the crust crispy.  🍕😋🤩

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of flower and text that says 'The Postedby dream skylark's T sky Happy Tuesday'

@1Snickers 

Snickers,  I am glad you weren't injured in that fall due to the cord, and hope you are not sore from that tumble.   Those things happen so darn fast and are scary as heck.  It's easy to get tangled in those vacuum  cords as they seem to curl up and loop around my ankles at times.  I've been looking at a Fuller carpet sweeper, the old fashioned kind, no cords, no electricity involved just push and pull.   My grandma used to have one and I think my mom did too.   It would help control the cat hair and crumbs, leaves, etc that seem to appear daily, especially right after I put the vacuum up.  I think I might just invest on one of them.  Lots of color choices too. 

I have for some time been wanting to replace the sofa in the living room with a nice plush, country style one or even a daybed, chaise or recliner. I am all over the place with this, having checked Wayfair, Havertys furniture, Amazon, etc.   So many styles, materials etc.   I have gotten into the habit of sleeping part of the night in the living room due to the stairs I'd have to climb to my bedroom.  Only want to do that once a day if I can help it.  The sofa I have now has seen better days and I don't like the relciners that are here.  None of this is my furniture,  just what was here when I moved back here after selling my other house. My brother left so much to be done here, but I manage to make do.  It is what it is. 

Now if I could just figure out what I really want and how to accomplish it.  I'll just keep looking for now.   Take care and be safe. 

My daughter in law is in Suffolk for meetings till tomorrow then back to Alexandria.  She is going to have to have a knee replacement sometime this year.  That'll take precedence over a hip replacement that she's been needing for years.  She's only in her 50ies, a Marine( once a Marine, always a Marine), and has always done daily runs, exercises, etc.  Now this!! 

@possummink   CATCHING UP ON SOME POSTS.  BOTH OF MY PARENTS WERE MARINES, THAT IS HOW THEY MET, MARRIED, AND WERE GOING TO STAY IN HAWAII, BUT WHEN MY MOTHER BECAME PREGNANT, THEY WERE DUMPED IN SAN FRANCISCO, NOT ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN THE MARINES, A CITY AND STATE  NEITHER OF THEM HAD EVER BEEN

I am sorry for the all caps, trying to get used to this new danged computer keyboard, it has a mind of it's own.

I hope all is well, I am still on one crutch, finding out that healing is much slower with age.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Mousie,  I pulled back some of the leaves that were covering parts of my Lenten Rose, the well established one and there were some signs of green, new growth.  The leaves that were not covered are just withered and I guess I'll trim them off when the new growth emerges from the leaf cover.  I haven't checked the new plants yet. Kind of afraid there won't be anything left of them though I did have leaf cover in their cages too.

The picture above is like my well established one. 

I hope you are doing much better and am anxious for you being able to post again.   Rest and don't rush getting back to your busy routine.  Just heal and be well.  

@possummink   Mine have been blooming for months.  These plants are pretty tough, so hopefully your will have survived.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Wind Blowing A Cat On A Tree GIF

@Tissyanne , Those high winds sound very dangerous!

@lulutoby  Lol, poor kitty, I wonder how this was created.

Contributor

@Sassy7356  I am very late with this lol. A big thank you for the welcome here. I lost my pw until now.