Esteemed Contributor

A Q Product That Totally Lived Up.......

to what the presentation stated. While I have been happy with most of my purchases the one that sticks out is perfume, Amazing Grace. This was a long time ago, 2003 or 04, I think.   I watched the shows and listened to the tag line, "People comment you smell good as opposed to asking what scent it was".  I am by nature very skeptical. I thought sure they do.  After several months I ordered figuring it would go back or just sit until I threw it out.

First day I put it on and went to work. I had to go to the courthouse 1st thing and saw our title searcher when I went in.  We didn't walk 10 ft. and she said "You smell really good". Huh. In the recorder's office an attorney I  never saw before stood next to me.  He said one of you ladies smells good. My friend pointed at me and said "It's her".  He kind of leaned  toward me and said "yeah,it is you". OK, I'm sold.

I wore it for years, but of course the company was sold and it never seemed the same and I stopped. My DD was at ULTA  recently and bought a small bottle. I have borrowed it once or twice but the scent just doesn't linger. It reminded me I miss the old formula.

What product have you been surprised by and ended up loving?

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Q Product That Totally Lived Up.......

I have an item that is my absolute, number 1, favorite QVC purchase and it is not something that I would have ever expected it to be.

I have ordered tons of things from QVC over 25 years, mostly clothes, jewelry, makeup, skin care, home decorative items, even a couple of food items (cheesecakes and cookies).

But my absolute favorite is the Spear Head Shovel.  It's a spade, I think, actually, and it enables me to do gardening chores that I would not be able to do otherwise.

I've been gardening for years but always had some trouble doing the really heavy digging because we have such heavy clay soil (sometimes I think I'm digging out a boulder and it's just a big chunk of rock-hard clay).

This thing enables me to dig, not with "ease", but it's so much  better.  Even my husband, who trashes everything I buy from QVC, loves this tool.

Trusted Contributor

I remember watching Christina's initial pitch for Amazing Grace one evening.  She said "how can you buy a scent over the television?"  This was a totally new venture for her.  Went on that no one would be sorry and this scent was unbeatable.  I bought in the first day.  Wore it every day for years and often got  compliments.  Loved it and still do wear occasionally.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with all of you.  The original formula for Amazing Grace was mesmerizing.   And those spear head products, I've had for years.  I didn't purchase from QVC, but contacted the vendor directly and got both the spade and shovel for a much better price then Q offered.  Also a Bethlehem Lights Christmas tree we purchased 20 years ago that we just retired last year.  I loved that tree, nothing fancy but looked so natural.

Edited to add;  The original Breezies underwear.  Gosh, I still have a couple from over 10 years ago.  What they offer now aren't the same.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

My vionic sandals (style “Afton”)

jpg

Best ever and I wear these all the time!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Dynatrap

Didn't believe it, expected to send it back.

For us, absolutely DID work! 

Not one skeeter bite last year.

We have 2.6 acres and 2) 1 acre traps

Wetlands next to the house on the right, solid woods on the left.

Honestly, not one bug bite all last year!

Enjoyed every moment by our pool, fire pit, porch.  Everyone asks us how we could possibly not have skeeters!

Honored Contributor

All Susan Graver clothes, Clark shoes, Earth shoes, Kim Gravel clothes.  Just to name a few

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

The Sun Joe chainsaw on a stick.  We have a lot of older trees in our large suburban yard.  We get dead brances, fallen limbs, and the usual unruly bushes.  This light tool works better for my husband and teenaged grandson than our big chainsaw.  Even I can handle it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two products that I purchased from QVC and love are the Kuhn Rikon jar opener and can opener.  I've never had a jar opener that really worked, and this one is great.  I like the can opener a lot, too.  They were both well designed.  I bought them both many years ago.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

WEN

wen_sourceChazDean.jpg