Respected Contributor

The other day I received a big brown envelope in the mail and when I opened it there was a letter and certificate  from the State Board of Nursing  congratulating me on being a nurse for 50 years.  I retired in 2016, never expected any recognition from the state board of nursing so it was a pleasant surprise.  I will surely frame the certificate. I feel so proud to have helped so many people thru recovery of their health issues requiring hospitilization, birth of babies, caring for newborns in the nursery and managing workers comp injuries for an insurance company.  I enjoyed my career, now I can relax and enjoy life. Tell us about your career and if you are enjoying retirement ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Well deserved, and my congratulations and sincere appreciation for all you have done to help others.

Having spent many weeks, over a 14 year period, in the hospital! My gratitude and love goes out to all nurses I met personally, and to you and others.  ♥️

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: A Pleasant Surprise

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes B278CB80-DC98-49AC-A7B8-775D505A95D7.jpeg

A9257824-6FDB-4895-8C3C-50628B8F0A9F.jpeg

What would we do without caring healthcare professionals like you!  A well deserved "surprise" and accomplishment!  

First people I gifted and thanked this season were the nurses & staff in the hospital and dr offices who always treat my spouse wonderfully🙂

Thank you!

Homedecor1

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  wrote:

Well deserved, and my congratulations and sincere appreciation for all you have done to help others.

Having spent many weeks, over a 14 year period, in the hospital! My gratitude and love goes out to all nurses I met personally, and to you and others.  ♥️

Thanks John ! that means alot !  There were days I wanted to quit the profession but I had to keep going, I had 2 children to raise. My most enjoyable time was working in the newborn nursery and helping first time moms learn to care for their infants but my entire career was all worth it. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Congratulations! Nurses are so special.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

Never forget the difference you made!

beautiful congrats gif image

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  You deserve only happiness in your life.  If you were in my life, I'd grab you and give you a Covid free hug.

I know first hand how hard nurses work.  I have 2 sisters who are retired nurses and 2 nieces who are still nurses helping others.

As someone who's been in the hospital way too many times, I can honestly say, I'd seen many times where it was a 'no-brainer' to take the word of a nurse above that of a doctor.

Again, congratulations...you deserve many accolades.

Honored Contributor

They need you and may be hoping you'll come back.

Congratulations on your years of service. I'm sure it was a sacrifice for you and your family.  Only recently have people really begun to appreciate our medical professionals.  Thanks for your service. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My mom was an RN...she loved every minute of it.  Congrats on 50 years.

Respected Contributor

As the mother of two RNs, I know how hard you worked and what an important role you have played in so many people's lives.  Congratulations!  That is amazing!