Respected Contributor

A Little Victory in a Big Bad World

Since the Wawa convenience store chain implemented curbside pickup two years ago, they have denied customers choosing that option the use of their rewards.

Obviously they wanted people to enter the store and hopefully purchase extra items. 

I have lost the use of my rewards every month. Three months ago I started nagging Wawa to fix this. It's discriminatory and against what Wawa describes as its core values.

I also told them they were the only store in the universe to do this.

They fixed it. Yesterday I claimed my first reward since the pandemic started: a free curbside ice tea.

Yes!

Honored Contributor

Re: A Little Victory in a Big Bad World

You Eastern ers have such problems!  I don't know how you cope.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You Eastern ers have such problems!  I don't know how you cope.

@Kachina624 , Hey sometimes it's the little things !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  You gave me the best laugh this morning. But, I would have been pleased with my free ice tea, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Since the Wawa convenience store chain implemented curbside pickup two years ago, they have denied customers choosing that option the use of their rewards.

Obviously they wanted people to enter the store and hopefully purchase extra items. 

I have lost the use of my rewards every month. Three months ago I started nagging Wawa to fix this. It's discriminatory and against what Wawa describes as its core values.

I also told them they were the only store in the universe to do this.

They fixed it. Yesterday I claimed my first reward since the pandemic started: a free curbside ice tea.

Yes!

@PickyPicky3 

Good for you. From reading this, you sound a lot like me. I fought my place of employment on many battle fields over my 33 year employment. Some to me were very important issues, a few more a battle of principle.

Regardless of which it was, they took up a lot of my free time. My purpose wasn't between who is right or wrong, it was getting away from: "it's been that way for number of years"? My point was "who cares", times have changed, move into the present.

Many have said "why waste your time on small things"? Many of these same people would complain to me about their perception of BIG things. What did they do to change those things? You can guess.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Wawa? Never heard of them before.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 - WaWa is an east coast convenience store - they make great coffee. When I go north I start getting excited around Virginia - that's when I see the first signs for WaWa.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 - Being a lover of WaWa coffee, I'm with you on this one!

Respected Contributor

At one time Wawa used to have available 10 different blends. It was so hard to choose. I hear now it's down to five -- but all good.

Esteemed Contributor

So many of the Wawa's in Philly are closing due to crime.