Honored Contributor

A Little Giggle and Insight Into the World of Annabellethecat!

OK, a little background before I post this.  This is how I came about to find this video.

So, I actually ran out of my 60 (yes 60 pack) of Tootsie Roll Pops in orange ....AND....my 60 yes...you read right..60 pack of cherry Tootsie Roll pops...(so now you're counting and ....yes...that's a total of 120 Tootsie Rolls)...Good for you, thank that 3rd grade teacher..or was it 2nd grade?  Anyway, on to the explanation....

So, I got ready to re-order (yes, I'm STILL into those freaking pops...ugh!) and I realized the last 60 I ordered in orange did not come from my usual place at Amazon (Candy Mafia...yes, real name)...What do you want people...it's candy and I think it's a nice creative name!

OK, so moving forward on this story telling...I wondered why Candy Mafia didn't sell orange pops on Amazon...then I did what I usually do...I googled this, "Are Candy Mafia and Candy Forte the same" (yes, that's how they spell it)....it's a candy selling company, they're probably not geniuses ...hence the e on the end).  That's a mother of a run-on sentence.

Are you still with me here?  So, while perusing (a big word but it fits) the lists of things to click on provided by google....I came upon this video.

In closing let me just say, "I've never snuck that MUCH candy into a movie theatre and one day I'll tell you about the time I snuck in a Whopper and french fries...another time".

So, I love this video.  I've never watched any of his videos and he is a bit 'cheesy' but it's ALMOST like something I just might think about doing...(I said, THINK ABOUT...not do, untwist your panties).  

I'm going to the movies next week to see 'Downton Abbey' but it's still as hot as Hades here in Va and a down coat won't work...just kidding...kinda'

Enjoy and if it strikes a "Yes!".kinda like..."good idea" ....I won't tell a soulSmiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxfpfAiX5U

Gotta go order those pops for now....(Looking upward)..."Lord!  Why can't I loose weight"?

Honored Contributor

Re: A Little Giggle and Insight Into the World of Annabellethecat!

@Annabellethecat66  Woman Very Happy 

A couple of years ago, my sister and I had a 6 month run of going to the movies at least 2 to 3 times a month.  It was a great time for film, lol.

The theatre had super-saver showings (before noon) that cost $5.  This meant that most of the time, the movies were starting between 10 am and 10:30 am.

I like junk food as much as the next person however I'm not eating popcorn, candy or drinking pop at that time of day.  My sister might do some popcorn if she was up early and already had breakfast.

Enter the Stanley thermos Woman Wink

I had the smaller squat one 

Image result for stanley green thermos

and my sister had the smaller thin one

Image result for stanley green thermos

I have a handbag that I call the movie purse.

It can accommodate both thermoses (is that a word) full of coffee.  We'd also take freshly toasted bagels that were cream cheesed and wrapped in aluminum foil.

That was fine as long as the bagels weren't the asiago or funky smelling cheeses.

Most of the time we had the theatre to ourself and even if you couldn't smell the bagel or pop tart, there was no denying her Tim Horton's and my Maxwell House aroma.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @lol...how long does it take you to eat all of those suckers....notice I didn’t call them pops.That is a lot of sugar my friend and not good if you have inflamation but I am sure you know that so just don’t mind me.I always enjoy your posts and they usually make me smile.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I could never have bags or big boxes of my favorite candy in the house...I would be too tempted.  However I feel like an orange & chocolate tootsie pop right now...it's been ages since I've had one.  I think it's been since Halloween a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

That video was corny and funny thanks for sharing.  I am on a sugar high just by watching.  Now I too want a tootsie pop

Honored Contributor

@dex Actually my sugar is good.  I don't have a thyroid so every 6 months I have to go get it checked.  He checks everything.

I also have my blood (and urine) checked every 3 weeks for something else and it's good.

I'm very specific in what I like.  For instance I ordered 2 of those huge boxes of Cheryl's cookies that was on with David recently.  It was a variety pack and the boxes were huge.

You know how many I ate?  Zip!  None!  Not one of them.  They're too sugary for me.  Sounds crazy but that's how I am.  I order those and the popcorn, etc and give it to friends and business associates.

I took some to the ladies who work at the CVS pharmacy (they're perfect...wrapped each one...perfect).  Everyone loves the popcorn.  I eat some of that but not a lot of it.

Like I said, I'm very specific on what I like.  When I was in rehab for my 2 knees I had replaced.  I wouldn't eat the food.  I just wouldn't eat it.  The head dietician came up and said, "What do you want to eat?  You must eat".  If I don't like it, I won't eat it, no matter what.

I had friends bring me food.  I lost a lot of weight in those 20 days.

I'm overweight but it's mostly because my back is so bad I plant my butt from one place to another.  (Not a lot of exercise).

I can't taste or smell much so I don't get hunry much.  I can go from noon until late the next day and not eat anything (even candy, etc) just water.

My Dr has told me I need to eat more food that my body stores the food I do eat because it's starving otherwise.

I understand that and I do eat lunch.  Anyway, this way more information than necessary.

I just don't want you guys to think I'm on the verge of becoming a diabetic.  No problems there.

OH!  Don't anyone start in on overweight and the back.  It doesn't help it but it definitely does not, repeat does not cause the back problems.

I broke it in 3 places and THAT'S the cause of the back problems...

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac  I agree it is corny isn't it?  I can't believe he makes a lot of these kinds of videos....who watches more than one?  Ha!

As far as the Tootsie Roll Pops (brand name...Ha) In my opinion they're the perfect food (much like peanut butter/jelly sandwiches)...You know..peanut butter is the healthy part and jelly is the desert)...old joke.

I have a dear friend who's similar.  She ate boxes and boxes of Oreo cookies.  Then, (like me) she suddenly didn't touch another one.

That's the way I am.  Eventually, I won't ever touch another one.  But right now, that my 'DRUG" of choice.

I think a psychiatrist would go crazy trying to analyze me.  My brain is so screwed up.....well...it's like a vast desert, no way in...no way out!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 once again you made me smile.I am happy that you are looking after yourself better than I suspected.Sorry that your back causes so much pain and keeps your butt planted more often than you would like.I wonder if CBD oil could help you in any way.I bet all of those places you visited and chatted up the people miss your humor and chats.

Valued Contributor

You are a ray of sunshine ...  thanks for a giggle about this dilemma ...

I had three young nephews very anxious to see a Toy Story movie.  We went to Five Below which is right next door and also carries the full line of movie theatre size candy and I filled the bag.  We purchased drinks in the movie theatre and got in line to have our tickets taken ... they asked to see my purse and it was filled with the candy ... and honestly told them if I bought their candy from the theatre I could not afford the movie.  I walked right in ...  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Loved your story.  I know you aren't a spring chicken like myself.  I remember going to the movies for .25 cents.

You could watch as many movies as you wanted for that price, but back then the theatres were huge and there was only one movie playing, so in other words you could sit and watch it over and over and.........Ha!

I'm going soon (as I said) to watch Downton Abby.  I never minded going by myself (no one else to please).

I'll probably go during the day.  I used to go all of the time but lost interest and there's not much to see anyway.  They turn into Netflix so quickly, I just wait.

But this one, I want to see on the big screen.  Like you, I like to go with my daughter.  She's the only kid of mine that likes to go.

They say my late husband and I warped their brains because every weekend we spent it all together.  Often we'd take them to the movies.

I'm telling you we saw some terrible movies...Donald the Duck (whatever it was called).  Baren Von Muchehousen (something like that).  They were all PG rated at the time way back.

I think I told the story about how (while watching the first or second Star Wars with my husband in the moves I at my earring)....hummm???  Yepper, I ate the thing.

You guys have no idea.......life with me is always (let's call it interesting).  My daughter would drag me to movies I never wanted to see.  Some were about Gods and Goddesses (sp) or something...I woke up just as Zeus crashed something or other.....she says it's when she poked me so hard I almost fell out of the seat.  She poked me because (her version) I was snoring so loud everyone in the theatre could hear me!

Phew!  Enough about me and my escapades...never ending.