Honored Contributor

Re: A LOT STOLEN FROM MOM’S APARTMENT

@Shanus@I hope that the police can find some of your moms things in their possession and that they will be charged...that is so disgusting to think about.people calling themselves caregivers but are actually grave robbers...that can’t even have enough decency to wait for the death....I just can’t imagine how they can have any self respect.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Shanus@I hope that the police can find some of your moms things in their possession and that they will be charged...that is so disgusting to think about.people calling themselves caregivers but are actually grave robbers...that can’t even have enough decency to wait for the death....I just can’t imagine how they can have any self respect.

@dex  Yes, I agree. I doubt if the agency will investigate and it obviously happens a lot. I’m just not experienced to have been on the lookout.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I hope the agency does something about it so don’t hesitate to report it. Did they really think the disappearance of money and items would go unnoticed?

Most of the time I’m easy going but do something like this, I won’t let it go especially when I’m in a very vulnerable state.

Im sorry for anyone who has been taken advantage of. 

Respected Contributor

Sadly, everyone I know that have had health care workers in home, have had items stolen.  My next door neighbor had her wedding rings stolen.  My mother in law was also a victim.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Shanus

I hope the agency does something about it so don’t hesitate to report it. Did they really think the disappearance of money and items would go unnoticed?

Most of the time I’m easy going but do something like this, I won’t let it go especially when I’m in a very vulnerable state.

Im sorry for anyone who has been taken advantage of. 

@OKPrincess  Good morning. Unfortunately with help 24/7, we’re talking about at least 7-8 different caregivers each week...also with keys, they could let in friends or relatives. It’s a bad system, but no other way to handle it unless someone lived with her.

Respected Contributor

Just ridiculous!  I cannot believe people can behave this way.  So distrubing.

Honored Contributor

I think people will have to put cameras in all of the rooms of their loved ones to help stop theft and to check up on things with the care too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These so called caregivers are criminals. I would call the police and report the theft. I would let the agency know that you have made a police report and named the individuals involved. I would not let them think they are getting away with theft. They may not recover her items but at least it is on file. I am sorry about this loss for you and your mother.

i can't believe how they could take advantage of an elderly person who is ill. I don't care how little they are paid, that was a choice they made. I wish you and your mother well.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, It is a hard lesson. They even took my mom's teeth and hearing aids along with the huggable hangers, clothes, shoes etc. Get a clock with a camera/video and place in the room with her now. It happens frequently in nursing homes.

Trusted Contributor

This is beyond pathetic.  So sorry that you're going through this.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~