Respected Contributor

Re: A HORSE BY ANY OTHER NAME.....

@Kachina624 wrote:

You ladies living with spouses, as irritating as they can be at times, ought to count your blessings.  I sit here day after day all by myself without a soul with whom to communicate.  Well, there are two souls, my dogs, but their side of the conversations we have leave something to be desired.  All the worries and concerns I have about what's going on are unshared and unspoken and are completely mine to bear.  Any needed food or household items must be found and procured by ME alone, my responsibility.  No, this hasn't been fun.

Same here.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus This will help:

May we who are merely inconvenienced

Remember those whose lives are at stake.

May we who have no risk factors

Remember those most vulnerable.

May we who have the luxury of working from home

Remember those who must choose between preserving their health or making their rent.

May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close

Remember those who have no options.

May we who have to cancel our trips

Remember those that have no safe place to go.

May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market

Remember those who have no margin at all.

May we who settle in for a quarantine at home

Remember those who have no home.

As fear grips our country,

let us choose love.

During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other,

Let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors. Amen.

@Sooner 

Really like this. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Call it social distancing, restricted personal interaction, quarantine, self quarantine, self distancing, restricted personal contact, isolation, personally imposed isolation, chosen distancing or physical distancing or lockdown. No matter what you call it, we're stuck inside, at home. Call it what it is. The pits!!!

@Shanus Can you get outside?  Go for a walk?  There are lots and lots of people out walking where I live!  People, dogs, a cat or two on a leash.  Even today when the wind is fierce, they are out!!

@Sooner   Of course, I'm out walking Molly every day...at least an hour....sometimes twice a day. I'm frustrated. I started staying home 2 wks. before everyone else. Today makes one month for me. That's a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KJPA   No, no Skyping or zooming.  I have a sister only but she seems to be very busy with her daughters and friends across the country.

@Sooner    No, no chopped liver.  If it weren't for this board, I would have already been at the funny farm.  Yes, I use grocery pick up and have ordered some restaurant fare.  I'm going to putter in the yard this afternoon.  May take a drive in the nearby Jemez Mts. with the dogs tomorrow.  Try to find some elk.

@Kachina624   We're on lockdown...food store, drugstore & home. 

Trusted Contributor

@ShanusI live in the middle of nowhere and I have seen more people walk past our farm with their dogs than I've ever seen in the twenty-one years we've lived here.  I have no idea who any of the people are or where they live, but just wave to them from a distance and holler "Howdy friend"

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@ShanusI live in the middle of nowhere and I have seen more people walk past our farm with their dogs than I've ever seen in the twenty-one years we've lived here.  I have no idea who any of the people are or where they live, but just wave to them from a distance and holler "Howdy friend"

@hayseed00   Sometimes, when not out walking myself, I'm in one of the rockers on my front porch. People in my neighborhood who always chose to stay to themselves are out and smiling. It's the "Mr. Rogers Syndrome". 

Regular Contributor

I just got home from a 12 hour shift at a large, busy medical center where I care for patients that have tested positive for covid 19.  After showering I decided to unwind by reading some of these posts.  While I can appreciate that many of you are feeling lonely, frustrated, bored or depressed I would gladly change places with you.  I too am frustrated but it's because we don't have enough supplies to protect ourselves.  When not at work I isolate myself from my family because I'm terrified of bringing this home.  I will continue to take care of people even if I have no protective gear.  It's what I signed up for over 40 years ago and it's what I love to do.  And I will continue to hope and pray that the rest of you will continue to do your very best with social distancing in spite of the sacrifices you may be making.  It can only help.  Thank you for doing the right thing and please stay safe. 

Trusted Contributor

@merriThank you for the work you are doing taking care of the sick patients.  Stay safe!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624I enjoy communicating on these forums, but I know it's not the same as having another person in the house with you to talk with.  Stay safe friend !!!

Super Contributor

@merri wrote:

I just got home from a 12 hour shift at a large, busy medical center where I care for patients that have tested positive for covid 19.  After showering I decided to unwind by reading some of these posts.  While I can appreciate that many of you are feeling lonely, frustrated, bored or depressed I would gladly change places with you.  I too am frustrated but it's because we don't have enough supplies to protect ourselves.  When not at work I isolate myself from my family because I'm terrified of bringing this home.  I will continue to take care of people even if I have no protective gear.  It's what I signed up for over 40 years ago and it's what I love to do.  And I will continue to hope and pray that the rest of you will continue to do your very best with social distancing in spite of the sacrifices you may be making.  It can only help.  Thank you for doing the right thing and please stay safe. 

Thank you for your work.  You say that it's what you signed up for over 40 years ago, but you did not sign up for a place that was not going to provide enough protective gear.

Please take care.