Super Contributor

A Christmas tree is......

[ Edited ]

not non-denominational as Rachel claimed during the food show.  There were chocolates shaped like snowmen and a snowflake, but a Christmas tree is a Christmas tree.  Jewish people do not usually have them, nor do other religions.    May seem like a little deal, but I'm just saying...  

Honored Contributor

Re: A Christmas tree is......

@Helen Bach wrote:

not non-denominational as Rachel claimed during the food show.  There were chocolates shaped like snowmen and a snowflake, but a Christmas tree is a Christmas tree.  Jewish people do not usually have them, nor do other religions.    May seem like a little deal, but I'm just saying...  

The lights are on but no one is home

Honored Contributor

I guess if you buy it and pay for it, it can mean whatever you want.  Call it a Snowflake Tree to commemorate the first snowflake of winter.  It's yours to use and enjoy as you see fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I guess if you buy it and pay for it, it can mean whatever you want.  Call it a Snowflake Tree to commemorate the first snowflake of winter.  It's yours to use and enjoy as you see fit.

@Kachina624  That may well be, but it's not her place to suggest it. JMO

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

May I suggest that everyone google the history of the Christmas Tree with an open mind. We seem to end up having more in common as people than we may think.

Honored Contributor

I remember Joan Rivers (Jewish) more than once saying she celebrated Christmas as well as Hanukkah.  She had friends of all denominations and said she loved celebrating everything.

Remember the beautiful Christmas ornaments she did every year, based on Faberge designs?  I have all of the sets, except the last couple of years.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac, but if people googled then that would diminish the opportunity to land a dig at a host.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  That may well be, but it's not her place to suggest it. JMO

@QVCkitty1   I don't know why not.  It's a commercial product available to anyone for any use, not a sacred icon reserved for one re!igneous group.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Another non-issue.  It's a freakin' tree.  Do with it what you like.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I had a friend who was Jewish and because she loved a decorated Christmas tree she always put one up during Hanakkah and called it a Hanakkah bush.  Her trees were always beautiful.