Honored Contributor

My brother has been in and out of the hospital for 3 years. He got out in time to come to Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.

Afterwards, while all 7 of us siblings, Dad, and extended family were sitting around talking, he told us the doctors are giving him 90 days to live. He's just turned 60 a couple of weeks ago. 

I'm heartbroken for him and his spouse of 33 years. I'm heartbroken for me because I'm closest to him. I'm heartbroken for my 90 year old dad and whole family.

Thanksgiving this year was the 5th anniversary of Mom's death so this is particularly difficult.

Thank you for listening. I'm not ready to talk but I had to get it out today.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 90 days to live

[ Edited ]

Calminheart, I am so sorry. My brother and I are close and I cannot imagine the emotional pain you and your family are facing. Thanksgiving is a time for family. Too many people I know have expressed sadness this year. The losses are brought home more poignantly. This is the first year my husband couldn't join us. He is in a nursing home. My daughter was crying yesterday. It is very hard.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for the pain you and your family.... particulary your brother....are going through.  I hope he is not in physical pain as well.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

Image result for sending hugs to you images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart   This is heartbreaking to read.  I'm so sorry for him and your family and it devastating to lose a precious loved one.  Having lost my father this year, and spending our first Thanksgiving without him wasn't easy.  Sending you love and anytime you need to speak, vent, cry, or whatever you are feeling, we are here to help support you. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  My heart breaks for your brother, and your family.  I will pray that God's arms wrap their love and strength around all of you, hold you close and provide comfort as you go through this devastating time.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart   I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope the 90 days are many more than that.

Prayers from me and know your family will make his time left here the best ever. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I am so sorry about what you and yours are going through.  Sending my prayers and hugs.

Contributor

First year I have been alone for Thanksgiving without my husband of 53 years.  God bless your family.  Don't count the 90 days. . .count each moment forward as a blessing.   No one knows the number anyone has. . .love your dearest in the time you yourself  have been given.. No room in your memories for regrets.  Prayers are being said for you, your brother, and your entire family.