Valued Contributor

will never for get that day 

Super Contributor

9.jpg

Super Contributor

14232651_1254535117936748_2993414414602134824_n.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Any of us old enough to have seen the events of 9/11/2001 will never forget that day. It is up to us to explain to the next generations what America went through on that day, and how it affected us from that moment onward.

Esteemed Contributor

It changed me forever. I'm a New Yorker.I can't think about it without crying 😢.

Valued Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

will never for get that day 

I was there... I am a New Yorker. Having two family members that were firefighters, one was so affected finding bodies and body parts, emotionally he lost it. 

My friend that owned a funeral home had wakes and Funerals for body parts as well. 

America is STRONG and we can get through anything. 💖

Frequent Contributor

I don't like to be reminded,  it's too painful to a lot of people.

Esteemed Contributor

There are a couple of posts over on "Community Chat" about 9/11.  It is good to read all of these and know that we are not alone with our feelings on this day. 

As @pugvette74  said, America is strong.  Yes, we are!!  We always seem to bounce back.  I hope and pray it stays that way.

Thanks, everyone for your posts.

Respected Contributor

We living in NYC will /can never forget. Waiting for the bodies to come out and they never did,Pieces of soot

coming in my window for weeks as the Trade Center/ burial ground smoldered.

My son on active duty in Mid East calling from his destroyer hysterically asking are you all right? What's going on?, attempting to calm my HS students when I was so horrified.

The world's never been the same----a real loss of innocence.

Respected Contributor

one memory from that day:

As a career counselor, I was at Merck by  6 AM to prepare for meeting with folks who were to be downsized.  I met nonstop with individuals to go over their outplacement services.  By mid morning I needed a restroom break before my last client.

As I got close to the lobby, I saw a huge crowd watching the TV monitor: the second Tower was hit.

When I went back to my assigned meeting room, my client entered.   Meeting under normal downsizing situations, I started to say that I was sorry to meet him under these conditions.  

Instead of commenting, he gave me a great big hug and said: " You don't understand, I am just so happy to meet with you today.....I would have been in the Tower that just came down. "

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill