Valued Contributor

It seems to be a real thing in relationships. For those who dont know what it is, its when happiness in a marriage or relationship starts to decline after seven years. 

Did you experience one? If so, how did you survive it? 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

I got a divorce!

Respected Contributor

Re: 7 Year Itch anyone?

[ Edited ]

My DH is dead. We were together for decades. Never had any 7 year itch, but I have heard that it is common.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Get  a divorce!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mintedrose wrote:

It seems to be a real thing in relationships. For those who dont know what it is, its when happiness in a marriage or relationship starts to decline after seven years. 

Did you experience one? If so, how did you survive it? 

1 - Decide you're in it for good (unless there's abuse, adultery or addiction)

2 - Remember that happiness is a choice

3 - Remember that love is a verb

4 - Remember why you got married in the first place and focus on that

Respected Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

Get  a divorce!

Thumbs down!!

Valued Contributor

@mintedrose  NO, never felt that way. I have been married for 35 years, and I have been madly in love with this man from the day I met him. In fact, the day I met him a weird thought popped into my mind, " He is the reason I came to this earth". Thinking I was a cerebral sort, I felt kind of silly about this thought, but I have felt it every day of the last 35 years. Sure there have been moments when I hated him, but hate is not the opposite of love, apathy is. I feel so incredibly blessed to have this experience in my life, I thank God every day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ex had the 21 year itch with a woman he worked with and who was 14 years younger than him....and I ended it with divorce.

I'm curious @mintedrose, is this an issue that is close to you, or are you just wondering?

Respected Contributor

No itch here but

I know plenty of people who itched and scratched for years 

Respected Contributor

Been married for almost Forty four ( this is  second marriage for both of us) believe me there have been times if I never saw his again would be to soon ( and I'm sure he's felt the same way) But he's my best friend and if he was gone tomorrow I would be devastated.