Honored Contributor

Re: 50thWedding Anniversary Gift?

Little Miss Sunshine: You have some great ideas!! I especially like the one about the garage!

Honored Contributor

Can you find one of those cards, that you talk into and send best wishes? They can play that over and over. Our 49th is this week and I think that's a lovely, heart-felt gift. At this age, it's all that's needed in way of a gift. Something personal. JMHO

Frequent Contributor

Good idea! 😃

Frequent Contributor

So it seems, a gift card to a restaurant is the most suggested. They are Philipino and seafood is a favorite. They like Joe's Crab Shack. Will have to think where to send them. Thanks a lot for everyone's reply!  

Honored Contributor

We recently attended a 50th and I bought a picture frame that said A TRUE LOVE STORY NEVER ENDS and  also gave them $50. I saw them walking out to their car with a huge stack of cards and only about 1/2 dozen gifts so I am thinking they mostly got cash.

Contributor

We just had our 50th and on our invitations we requested NO Gifts, please.  Most people did conform but others did give us moderate gift cards to restaurants, which, I might say, was greatly appreciated.  I do not think a 50th requies a gift.  There is really nothing anyone needs for the home or condo after this many years and if the truth were known, we are trying to get rid of a lot of things we already have. 

A nice card with a hand written note and gift card should suffice.  Congratulations to them.

Esteemed Contributor

We will celebrate 50 years in June.  In my opinion a gift card would be the best idea.  Personally I NO LONGER NEED THINGS even as nice as Waterford.  I am trying hard to declutter and my daughters don't want any part of my, silver, Waterford Lennox and sets.  

1.  Amazon   2.  Nice restaurant

Respected Contributor

DH and I will celebrate our 50th in Dec., right before Christmas.  We eloped, so we really didn't think much about the date!  Anyway, I don't want any gifts from anyone.  We have everything we need and I'm starting to think about clearing stuff out.  Fortunately, we were young when we got married, so we're not terribly old and decrepit!

Anyway, I don't even know if this is possible, but we are planning a trip to Italy, our 4th visit and possibly our last.   I think a great gift would be airline points so we can go first class instead of the cattle car area.  It may not be possible to give points away, but it would be really great if it were.

Frequent Contributor

Good suggestion. However, one  of their sons is a commercial airline pilot and they fly for free and often do!