Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD - I like your style, lol!!!

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl,....I like the idea of everybody granting permission to skip the gym that day-and going straight for dessert!!

Just teasing: I love working out (on most days anyway)!

What about every body pitching in for a massage? That would be a great gift for a fitness minded person.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

nothing

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

nothing

Same here.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@dex How about a manicure and pedicure?  Or, a facial?  Hopefully, she likes things like that.  Otherwise, Zum has beautiful hand soap which never dries your skin.  I also love their Diffuser with sticks in different scents.  The website is IndigoWild.com.  The scents are made with essential oils.  Their products are sold at Whole Foods too.  Well, the above items are my suggestion.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

For my 50th, my husband got me a beautiful Fendi watch that was not solid gold, but did have some sort of gold plating.  I call it my 50 year service award.  It was a total surprise that he selected himself without me.  I absolutely love that watch which is now 21 years old and wear it every day.  

Contributor

I was so shocked on my 50th birthday when my husband gave me exactly what I was hinting about.  I received a beautiful 18" pearl necklace from Tiffany's.  it's been 15 years and they are just as beautiful today as they were them.

Honored Contributor

My husband took me to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

We always do family dinners at a nice restaurant for birthdays.  With my friends we do either lunch or dinner.  But for my 50th I decided to throw my own party.  When you get to a certain age sometimes you just have to do something special for yourself.

I decided that it would be fun to get a stretch limo and invite 5 grilfriends out to brunch at the Plaza in NYC.  It was wonderful having the limo take us right up to the front door and no worries about hailing a tax, getting on the train, etc. to get home. It wasn't cheap but sometimes in life it's fun to splurge if you can.

We had a blast, a great meal and so much fun!  ...my friends knew that I liked Brighten jewelry and I got several pieces for my birthday.  Pieces that I still wear...and it was almost 13 (!) years ago...I will be 63 in two weeks.

Respected Contributor

DH gave me a dinner party at our favorite restaurant: it was in a private room and he had me invite quite a few of my closest friends.

Later, we went to Fortunoff's ( when it was still a giant discount operation with cases and cases of jewelry, each dedicated to separate gems ) and he gave me an 18k yellow gold and diamond necklace.  The gold was shaped into carved Etruscan-like oblongs.  It is magnificent and lives in our safe deposit box....worn infrequently !!!!

After that celebration 22 years ago, I said please " No more birthday celebrations....keep it low key."

As I look back, I remember how happy I was .... And then we learned that one couple who had been at the dinner were divorcing....and both our spirits fell into the depths of sadness.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill