Respected Contributor

Re: 29% of birds gone since 1970 in North America

@NickNack Oh, newspapers, tv, etc., huh.

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@tobes   You can Google it, but there was a huge study done.  This is an excerpt from one article:

Researchers studied 529 bird species over the last half-century to compile the most comprehensive study ever done on North American birds, the journal said. Thanks to the decades of monitoring by researchers and bird enthusiasts across the continent — as well as weather radars — scientists had a huge amount of data to work with.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@tobes   You can Google it, but there was a huge study done.  This is an excerpt from one article:

Researchers studied 529 bird species over the last half-century to compile the most comprehensive study ever done on North American birds, the journal said. Thanks to the decades of monitoring by researchers and bird enthusiasts across the continent — as well as weather radars — scientists had a huge amount of data to work with.

@NickNack, I may be totally wrong here, but I get the feeling that this poster is not very trusting of data or sources.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@NickNack, I may be totally wrong here, but I get the feeling that this poster is not very trusting of data or sources.

@suzyQ3   Yes, I got that impression, too.  He/she apparently doesn't believe science.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It has been in the news this week.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have been really concerned of what few butterflies this year, and no honey bees, 2 years ago ,i had so many different butterflies, all sizes, i have the same flowers,as then.

Interesting because I've been struck by the large numbers of butterflies I've seen this year.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have been really concerned of what few butterflies this year, and no honey bees, 2 years ago ,i had so many different butterflies, all sizes, i have the same flowers,as then.

Interesting because I've been struck by the large numbers of butterflies I've seen this year.

I just guess they left here,and went to your part of the country.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

We had a such an amazing and wondrous influx of Painted Ladies, @pigletsmom , but yes, they are in decline.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@NickNack ...Ais I am saying is question everything.  I am still waiting for Rachael Carson's "Silent Spring."

Respected Contributor

I believe in science but much depends on who's science it is.