Esteemed Contributor

Re: 15th anniversary of 9/11 Attacks

When I saw this thread I feared the original thread got poofed - but it's here thankfully. Many sobering- and survival-  tales of 9/11 ....

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/9-11-Anniversary-Where-Were-You/m-p/3116792#M933423

Honored Contributor

No matter how long ago this horrible thing happened, I still cry when I think about it or try to watch any of the programming. A high school friend of my son, worked in one of the towers back then and did escape, but that has left a scar on him. I watched the CNN show that was mostly the first responders narratives of how they re acted then and how they are now. Very heart wrenching, but God bless them for their service.

Honored Contributor

I watched all day at my house Sunday.   This is my generation's Pearl Harbor.   When I was in my late teens, I had the opportunity to go to the memorial in Hawaii.   The people with me in the group my parents age were all crying.   I didn't know why.  I knew the history of  Pearl Harbor but didn't know why after so many years grownups were crying in public.

On Sept 11, 2001, I understood.  I remember thinking I never wanted to live long enough to see this kind of attack on USA soil.

I learn something new every anniversary.  I watched some great documentaries plus I watched the movie Flight 93 at least twice.   The live ceremony in NYC was very moving & beautiful.    Did anyone happen to see Harold Kestenbaum's widow speak?   She was amazing, she wrote a poem about her astrophysicist husband.   All of the speakers were amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield@Vivian

Call me a "lay-person."

I really did not connect with this event as "real" ...back then. Have never seen the pictures or watched TV coverage! 

The program we watched Sunday night showed details such as the flight paths and also the 60 Minutes presentation of the building of the Memorial. The voices of the loved ones left behind shined through by allowing the Memorial to include the conversations during the collapse. Chilling.

We visited the Pentagon in 2007 and saw the chapel inside which was dedicated to Pentagon workers who perished.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~